DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Legend
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the right area to post this but I noticed while watching recorded programming that there are no movies in my "Movies Now & Showcases" section of my HR21. Not that I use the PPV service in the first place but there were atleast 5 movies in the list. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this.

·
Icon
927 Posts
Yep, I had a total of 8 movies in mine and now they're gone.

But because of all the lockups I've had over the last 24 hours, I just assumed it was related to all the unplugging/replugging I've had to do. Guess not...

·
Registered
14,514 Posts
Generally, the Movies & Showcases tab has never gracefully cleaned-up after itself when an expiration date hit, but does anyone remember what the expiration dates for the movies were?

I've got no movies on three DVRs I just checked in my living room, but one HR20-700 and one HR20-100 each have the same 5 titles, while the other HR20-700 has about 9 titles at the top level and two folders with programs under them ...

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Drew2k said:
Generally, the Movies & Showcases tab has never gracefully cleaned-up after itself when an expiration date hit, but does anyone remember what the expiration dates for the movies were?
I know for sure that one was October 7, most were in December.

·
Godfather
347 Posts
my hr21-100 had different expiration dates once but last week i noticed they all changed to 7/13. so much for rambo. now there is nothing but useless showcases.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
This is a result of software updates at DIRECTV's end. I pass along apologies from them for your inconvenience, but apparently it was necessary.

Movies Now will be back.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
I know that DIRECTV is committed to Movies Now! but I don't know if those same movies will be downloaded. I know they are all available On Demand if you want them.

·
Cool Member
25 Posts
that rambo line was good.

another question, i still have lots of random stuff in the movies now and showcases. the movies are starting to come back, i think 4 now, but there are NFL blitz recaps from week 11 (and just week 11) that have been there since last fall and i can't delete, and some others like that. any idea why this is or anything i can do, or does it not matter, since i don't have control of this part of the hard drive?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.