DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
They are available two ways (and they are not the 4 minute ones but are 22-30 minute replays of the entire game).

1. On Demand channel 1702 which requires the internet

2. Shortcuts in the 700s that run through Wednesday morning that you need to record.

G

·
Those are shortcuts, which are not the same as the highlights-on-demand the poster is asking about. I've been wondering the same thing: where are the game highlights that have been part of the Sunday Ticket (non Superfan) package for several years?

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
rcoleman111 said:
Those are shortcuts, which are not the same as the highlights-on-demand the poster is asking about. I've been wondering the same thing: where are the game highlights that have been part of the Sunday Ticket (non Superfan) package for several years?
They are indeed one in the same. The game highlights that are currently on 704-1 and 705-1 are the same as the highlights found on DoD. Each have a runtime of about 25 minutes.

· Icon
596 Posts
DCSholtis said:
They are indeed one in the same. The game highlights that are currently on 704-1 and 705-1 are the same as the highlights found on DoD. Each have a runtime of about 25 minutes.
No they are not the same. They also had short 3 to 4 minute highlights of all the games downloaded into the Showcases. I remember watching them with both of my hd dvr's. HR20's and HD Tivo's.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
krock918316 said:
IIRC, this year they are doing the 25-30 minute shortcuts instead of the 4 min highlights.
Not sure which is better. I did one of the downloads for a game before the regular season started and it was kind of annoying to watch a game that way.

· Godfather
332 Posts
krock918316 said:
I like the longer ones better. If I need to see a 4 minute version of the game, that's what SportsCenter is for :)
That used to be what sports center and NFL postgame show with Berman were for. Now, you get about 4 minutes of highlights total for all of the games, then you have to listen to them blather for the other 40 minutes. I can't watch them anymore.

I actually like the new shortcuts though. I never did like the 4 minute ones. But, I understand why some would like them.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
I think what I am not that fond of is that there is no inbetween its every play. It just seems odd. The comentary will be incomplete adn all kids of weird stuff. Seems very odd going from play to play. It almost seems like its not a real game or something. I could see others loving it but I am not that fond of it.

· Godfather
332 Posts
It's how I watch the games when I have them on my dvr anyway. and this keeps me from having to hit 30-sec-skip and step-back every time. I love it. I was able to see all the games this week!

Most commentators don't really have much of anything insightful to say anyway so I don't mind them being cut off.

My only complaint was the lack of extra points. they went right from the touchdown to the next kickoff. I know most Extra points go right in, but the jets game this weekend was interesting in that respect, they kept going for it on 4th down (when close enough) and going for 2 point conversions because their kicker was injured. The shortcut only showed the first 2 point conversion attempt. After that it went right from touchdown to kickoff.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.