DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Cool Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently upgraded my dual receiver 322 (which controlled my tv in the bedrom and living room) to a 622 when I purchased another hdtv at Christmas. I also have a 211 in the family room. I am swapping locations of the receiver so that the 211 is in the bedroom and my 622 is in the family room. When I do this however, I cannot get a signal onto my living room tv. I have a diplexor hooked up with the separator to the 622 in the exact same configuration as the 322 was in the bedroom. In fact, I tested the 622 upstairs, and it puts a signal on the 2nd tv. My home is 6 years old and I have 2 dish 500's on my garage because a dish 1000 doesn't work in my area according to map coverage.

I'm assuming then that the cabling system in my home isn't distributed throughout? I remember when I had cable in the home that they asked how many tv's I had, and looked like they rigged it so only those terminals I had got a connection. Do I need to look at the outside cable box to fix this, or is there another place in the home that I need to look?

· Your Neighborhood Liasion
12,527 Posts
Sounds to me like you have a hole in your distribution system, and the place to look would be your cable distribution box. Good luck with that, though, as none of the cables will probably be labelled in any way...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.