DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Legend
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just called Tech support, as directed by my service call technician, to order my 3rd HR20 due to problems I am having getting the odd transponders on my receiver (Tech confirmed it is an HR20 issue). I've discussed it in detail in threads previously posted. Anyway, I was told by them that they are not sending out replacement units due to the problems they are having with the HR20. The tech rep said that if they send out another unit, it may very well have the same issues. Did not ellude to any fact at all of them just being on back-order. I thought that was VERY interesting. Could DTV be realizing they have bad units (hardware related) out in the market place after all? The tech that came by my house on Saturday said he has been seeing similar issues to mine as well. I guess I'll have to hold out for a while. Any word as to when replacement units will be available?

Kurt

·
Banned
686 Posts
No!! THAT IS WRONG!!! D* is not doing replacements or new installed because EVERYONE LOVES THE HR20 and THEY CANNOT GET ENOUGH of the MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL BOX.

If you disagree, you must be a Tivo-loving conspiracy theorist!!!!

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
matto said:
No!! THAT IS WRONG!!! D* is not doing replacements or new installed because EVERYONE LOVES THE HR20 and THEY CANNOT GET ENOUGH of the MAGICAL AND WONDERFUL BOX.

If you disagree, you must be a Tivo-loving conspiracy theorist!!!!
Amen to that, brother! Does Earl have any comment on this latest revelation, or will it just be written off as nonsense, untrue, crazy, etc. Let's face it, the thing is riddled with problems for a decent percentage of people. I thought I posted a fun snide comment about the current situation on the latest download discussion thread (have you read it lately? It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. It's total confusion, with bugs flying from post to post, and the D*fenders coming up with excuse after excuse). But for some reason, my comment isn't there any longer. Hmmm, wonder what happened to it? Guess it got edited or something. With all due respect to Earl's honest, decent hard work, the HR20 forum, while helpful in some respects, is turning into a joke.

You are right about one thing, the HR20 coolaid drinkers will definitely say the CSR doesn't have a clue about the problems. I'm getting on a list now for a new box, the ones they release as soon as they iron out all the issues. Other than that, I have little confidence that they will get this all straightened out via downloads.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Again... for the bazilithon time.

The HR20 is flat out sold out... no inventory.
Both orders for new and replacement units have been halted until they can get inventory to meet the current demand, and establish some stability in the stock of the unit so they can continue operations as normal.

All current issues with the HR20 are SOFTWARE related...

They have not been halted or frozen because of issues found.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
matto said:
so you're quoting unsubstantiated theorizing and heresay from this very forum as a authoritative source of fact on.. this very forum..... ok.....
And your not?

The thread that was linked, was based of the official DirecTV.Com website that states what is going on... "Unprecedented demand"

You can believe it or not.
Base your statements off what ever you want.

I know where I get my information from....
And from them... the inventory for the HR20's is extremely low.

And unless you can provide some other basis for your theories...
then the readers will have to decide for themselves which "theory" they place credibility to.

·
Godfather
422 Posts
tstarn, your comments aren't there because they were MOVED because they were not pertinent to the thread topic which is related to software issues not editorial comments. My comments were moved as well. Not everything is a conspiracy and there are people that are not having that many problems, I'm one of them. That does not make me a D*fender, it's just a fact. Having said that I am not giving up my HR10 Tivo until I see much more positive comments in these forums.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Again... for the bazilithon time.

The HR20 is flat out sold out... no inventory.
Both orders for new and replacement units have been halted until they can get inventory to meet the current demand, and establish some stability in the stock of the unit so they can continue operations as normal.

All current issues with the HR20 are SOFTWARE related...

They have not been halted or frozen because of issues found.
Earl, please. You are tremendous at predicting software downloads, and helping people with issues, tips, etc. For that, you deserve all the credit in the world. But as the official spokesperson for D* about the HR20, it's just not enough to believe unnamed sources on an issue of such weight. Even if your D* contacts are good ones, and I am sure they are, it's highly doubtful they are going to give you the straight info on such a major issue. There is just no way. Sorry to be so blunt, because I do like you and think you are a decent, honest guy.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
wakajawaka said:
tstarn, your comments aren't there because they were MOVED because they were not pertinent to the thread topic which is related to software issues not editorial comments. My comments were moved as well. Not everything is a conspiracy and there are people that are not having that many problems, I'm one of them. That does not make me a D*fender, it's just a fact. Having said that I am not giving up my HR10 Tivo until I see much more positive comments in these forums.
Sounds good to me. Guess making comments related to all the confused, problem posts resulting from the latest download are not relevant to the thread. Having said that, I'm keeping my R10s until my HR20 actually works like a DVR.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
tstarn said:
Amen to that, brother! Does Earl have any comment on this latest revelation, or will it just be written off as nonsense, untrue, crazy, etc. Let's face it, the thing is riddled with problems for a decent percentage of people. I thought I posted a fun snide comment about the current situation on the latest download discussion thread (have you read it lately? It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. It's total confusion, with bugs flying from post to post, and the D*fenders coming up with excuse after excuse). But for some reason, my comment isn't there any longer. Hmmm, wonder what happened to it? Guess it got edited or something. With all due respect to Earl's honest, decent hard work, the HR20 forum, while helpful in some respects, is turning into a joke.

You are right about one thing, the HR20 coolaid drinkers will definitely say the CSR doesn't have a clue about the problems. I'm getting on a list now for a new box, the ones they release as soon as they iron out all the issues. Other than that, I have little confidence that they will get this all straightened out via downloads.
Tom...

You can post what ever you want...
You have sent me numerous PM's that you are leaving the forums......

But yet here you are again... stiring up the pot.
And what "revolation", because a phone CSR said it is being held because of problems?

Come-on... if anything history has told us.. The CSRs don't always have the correct answers to the questions.

The forum has become a "joke"... well that is your take on it.
If you think it has become a joke, there is another SAT/DBS forum that is out there... head on over there, if you don't find the information here to be credible or is a joke.

You are all here on your own free will.
If you don't find value in the forum... the go on your merry way.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
tstarn said:
Earl, please. You are tremendous at predicting software downloads, and helping people with issues, tips, etc. For that, you deserve all the credit in the world. But as the official spokesperson for D* about the HR20, it's just not enough to believe unnamed sources on an issue of such weight. Even if your D* contacts are good ones, and I am sure they are, it's highly doubtful they are going to give you the straight info on such a major issue. There is just no way. Sorry to be so blunt, because I do like you and think you are a decent, honest guy.
Seeing that you don't know who my sources are... how can you say that.

Bottom line... I have gotten some pretty darn straight answers... all of which have come exactly the way they are supposed to be.

Again... you all can make up your own minds.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
And your not?

The thread that was linked, was based of the official DirecTV.Com website that states what is going on... "Unprecedented demand"

You can believe it or not.
Base your statements off what ever you want.

I know where I get my information from....
And from them... the inventory for the HR20's is extremely low.

And unless you can provide some other basis for your theories...
then the readers will have to decide for themselves which "theory" they place credibility to.
Earl, you also have a lot to learn about PR and corporate ethics. That CSR probably didn't make up his/her comments out of thin air. Why aren't they credible? But the official D* pronoucement is valid? C'mon, you are smarter than that.

·
Banned
1,199 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Seeing that you don't know who my sources are... how can you say that.

Bottom line... I have gotten some pretty darn straight answers... all of which have come exactly the way they are supposed to be.

Again... you all can make up your own minds.
Does the word disinformation mean anything to you?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
tstarn said:
With all due respect to Earl's honest, decent hard work, the HR20 forum, while helpful in some respects, is turning into a joke.
I and many others find this forum to be quite useful and far from a joke. I am sorry about your continuing issues with the HR20. I found your posts to be very good and constructive at first, but now you just seem to be bashing this new DVR at every chance. That is just my take on your recent posts and please correct me if I have interpreted it the wrong way. I hope that the problems with the HR20 that you have been experiencing are resolved quickly so that you can enjoy it as much as I have been so far.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
matto said:
that's PR, not fact...
So where is the counter fact?

Everything is PR in some context or another.
Even PR statements on the investor pages... .are those not facts? about DirecTV's actions?

Are statements made on DirecTV.Com not to be believed, just because they are "PR"

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.