DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a R22-100 from best buy.
I'm replacing my standard DTV receiver. Which was working fine.

**So i try to hook up my TV, VCR/DVD player, and Dvr,

**I use composite cable to hook up VCR/DVD to DVR. I tested it by playing DVD..Works fine.

So I feed my coaxial Cable (goes from Sat to DVR) into the back of the
DVR Sat in 1 -No signal.
DVR Sat 2 2 No signal.

I know in order to watch Tv and record a show at teh same time I need two Sat In Feed from teh sat or use a splitter.

I called DTV customer service and they blamed it on my Sat feed from teh Sat, But i can hook up my standard receiver and everythign good as new. Thnx

Am i missing something? Did i get a bad DVR?

Please help.....

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,502 Posts
No splitters on the uphill side of the DVR. None. Don't even think about it.

No splitters on the downhill side of the DVR either as it has no RF outputs.

The first order of business is to get the DVR up and running. Don't tangle everything else up in the mix.

You MUST run a second COAX all the way from the dish to the R22 to make use of the second tuner.

Once you get the DVR up and running with one tuner, let us know and we'll start working on the rest of your problem. Know that what you're experiencing is the reason that DIRECTV highly recommends a professional installation.

· RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
cbea1124 said:
I recently bought a R22-100 from best buy.
I'm replacing my standard DTV receiver. Which was working fine.

**So i try to hook up my TV, VCR/DVD player, and Dvr,

**I use composite cable to hook up VCR/DVD to DVR. I tested it by playing DVD..Works fine.

So I feed my coaxial Cable (goes from Sat to DVR) into the back of the
DVR Sat in 1 -No signal.
DVR Sat 2 2 No signal.

I know in order to watch Tv and record a show at teh same time I need two Sat In Feed from teh sat or use a splitter.

I called DTV customer service and they blamed it on my Sat feed from teh Sat, But i can hook up my standard receiver and everythign good as new. Thnx

Am i missing something? Did i get a bad DVR?

Please help.....
1. Unplug R22 from wall socket and wait 10 minutes.

2. Plug the coax that was working with your standard receiver into SAT 1 tuner input.

3. Plug R22 into wall socket and let it start up. See if it is working with just one tuner.

4. If it is not working, go into MENU/SETUP/SETTINGS/SATELLITE and do the satellite setup procedure again. Be sure to select the type of dish you have (probably a 3-LNB oval)

5. Restart receiver using MENU/SETUP/SETTINGS/RESTART RECEIVER.

The R22 runs extensive tests when it is first powered on checking the dish and configuration. If something is wrong, problems ensue.

Let us know what happens!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.