DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my HR20 for less than a month and I've had problems bringing it out of standby three times now.

When I shut off my TV, the HR20 goes into standby like it should. Today, for the third time, when I turned my TV on, I got a message telling me that there was no signal from the HDMI input. The HR20 appeared to be on, because all the blue lights were lit up and I could hear the hard drive spinning.

I searched this forum and couldn't find anything similar to the problem I'm having. While preparing to post, I went to look at my HR20's software version and noticed it was updated to 0xdc early this morning at 4:18am. This problem has happened twice before today.

Would a software upgrade cause my HR20 to hang when coming out of standby? When "stuck" in this state, the HR20 does not respond to any commands from the remote control, nor does it respond to any of the console buttons, including the Power button.

The only way I've resolved this problem all three times is to reset the receiver.

I'm debating just leaving the HR20 on all the time, but I think something might be wrong.

Any ideas?

Receiver: DirecTV DVR HR20
Input: HDMI
Software: 0xdc
TV: 50" Samsung DLP HDTV HLS5086WX

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
This is a known issue with the HDMI...
And DirecTV is working on a solution. The only work around is to leave it on... or use componenent for now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.