DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
The ViP receivers have an embedded card that work with the current encryption system. You will be getting a new smart card within a couple of months before DISH switches to the new encryption system.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
Yes. And most of them will be going out before the end of the year. New receivers just being installed should have the new cards but some dealers have some "old" stock.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Bill R said:
Yes. And most of them will be going out before the end of the year. New receivers just being installed should have the new cards but some dealers have some "old" stock.
At some point, and maybe already, some receivers will have the NEW purple smart card builtin as well. Elsewhere someone posted the S number that will show if the new card is builtin.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
Etzeppy,

DISH Network now uses the Nagrastar 2 encryption system. It has been comprised and is being replaced with the Nagrastar 3 encryption system. New cards (the purple one) are required to decrypt the Nagrastar 3 satellite signal.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,422 Posts
tnsprin said:
At some point, and maybe already, some receivers will have the NEW purple smart card builtin as well. Elsewhere someone posted the S number that will show if the new card is builtin.
Actually Sxxx number doesn't reveal the generation, more appropriate to check DNASP and Revision after pressing Menu twice and selecting Next. Other site members checked those IDs and found embedded G3 smart card reported as 241/DshH02.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,114 Posts
Not of great consequence, but my Menu-Menu shows
DNASP241 DshH02
directly. Selecting Next was new (to ME) for transferring Remote settings to the receiver. I don't have a 10.1 UHF Pro remote to use it, but I hadn't seen the screens previously.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,422 Posts
CABill said:
Not of great consequence, but my Menu-Menu shows
DNASP241 DshH02
directly. Selecting Next was new (to ME) for transferring Remote settings to the receiver. I don't have a 10.1 UHF Pro remote to use it, but I hadn't seen the screens previously.
That's the IDs what ppl getting from new DVRs/IRDs with embedded smart card and new purple G3 smart card.

So, if you see that characters, you're set for Eeastern Arc and for newest NagraStar encryption.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.