DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Shades228 said:
I bought a galaxy nexus but this will be my last Android phone if Windows or IOS gets a 4g phone on Verizon. I can understand why companies don't support Android as much and it doesn't have to do with market share.

I enjoy the concept and customization that android gives me however the lack of structure makes it hard for companies to really get behind as well.
The Galaxy Nexus is supposed to be the beginning of the end of that issue. Android 4.0 will unify the platform finally. It is certainly a little fractured at the moment, and I can understand why that makes developing for it harder than the one OS, one phone, one tablet platform that is Apple.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,251 Posts
Stuart Sweet said:
Except for those devices that are not upgraded.
Think of those as H20's. ;)

They'll be worked through, and out of, the system eventually. By mid 2013, virtually all Android devices will be on 4.x. The remaining devices won't represent a large enough pool to prevent anyone from developing for Android.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.