DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Slacker
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks to be a few things:

Improved response time when opening the app, connecting to your HD DRV and acessing recorded programs to watch.

Includes the ability to view the status of all programs that your DIRECTV nomad is preparing from your iPhone or iPod touch,

You can also sync your favorite HD DVR recordings on up to 3 different devices at the same time.

Additional bug fixes.

More to come it seems.

· Legend
159 Posts
My upgrade fails with an AR/1000 error message "Unable to Add Your Device" when I press the Reactivate This Device button.

EDIT - Uninstalling the old version and reinstalling seemed to fix it. Will uninstall and reinstall on the iPad too.

· Slacker
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike_TV said:
My upgrade fails with an AR/1000 error message "Unable to Add Your Device" when I press the Reactivate This Device button.

EDIT - Uninstalling the old version and reinstalling seemed to fix it. Will uninstall and reinstall on the iPad too.
I downloaded to iTunes earlier and just now updated my iPad, I had to do the same thing.

· Registered
21,543 Posts
Hoffer said:
I'm hearing it is still not a universal app. Is this true? The app still doesn't have an iPad specific version?
That's correct. It only affects the UI, tho. I'm pretty sure video playback quality is as good as it would be if there was a dedicated iPad app, since Nomad itself only transcodes one resolution and picture size for PC or iOS.

· Hall Of Fame
1,218 Posts
Updated on both my iPad 1 & iPhone 4S. First it said I had an invalid email/password combo, then the same "unable to add device" error as stated above. I had to delete the app on both devices & reinstall.

Just an FYI

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
Hoffer said:
I'm hearing it is still not a universal app. Is this true? The app still doesn't have an iPad specific version?
My guess is Nomad will eventually get built into the iPad app, rather than having a seperate Nomad app for the iPad (or making the app universal).

· Dad
5,798 Posts
trh said:
Of course now all my Auto-Download series have been deleted.

It would be REAL NICE if that data could be saved when upgrading/installing the app.
I'm not so sure about that. I thought the auto downloads were in the Nomad h/w memory. Could be wrong but if I don't connect my Nomad app to the box for a few weeks and then finally connect it, the series seem to be there ready to download.

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
Yes, they are still on the nomad, but I had four shows on my iPad when I reinstalled the software. After I completed the install, I had to go to those shows and select them again with the auto download to get them back on my iPad. They did not start to download automatically like they previously did.

· Dad
5,798 Posts
trh said:
Yes, they are still on the nomad, but I had four shows on my iPad when I reinstalled the software. After I completed the install, I had to go to those shows and select them again with the auto download to get them back on my iPad. They did not start to download automatically like they previously did.
I think what are indicating is that they were in the Nomad hardware already so the auto download there was OK. Just the Transfer didn't start automatically. Is that it?

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
Actually, no. NCIS, which has been on my auto download on my iPad all season, did not download last night. I selected auto download this AM and it went through the hour long prepare before it downloaded to my iPad.

· AllStar
105 Posts
So, I had to delete the app and reinstall to get the update working. Now it says I have zero activations left, even though I only ever activated it on my iPhone and iPad. How do I get more activations? I'm assuming I'll need another one whenever the app gets updated again.

· AllStar
127 Posts
Hoffer said:
So, I had to delete the app and reinstall to get the update working. Now it says I have zero activations left, even though I only ever activated it on my iPhone and iPad. How do I get more activations? I'm assuming I'll need another one whenever the app gets updated again.
Don't worry I've had that same message for the last ten times I had to reactivate Nomad.

· Dad
5,798 Posts
alexcohen said:
Holy crap this version actually works!!! It's already downloaded two lettermans in 10 minutes!!!
That means they were already in the hardware and were waiting to transfer them over WiFi. If you have multiple clients, you can have up to 3 transfers at once now.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.