DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probably going to be a new subscriber in about a month. I'm going to have 3 DVR receivers in three rooms. One must be a HD DVR (probably will be an HR21, right?) but to futureproof I'm leaning toward making all three of them HR21s. My questions are:
1. What model dish am I likely going to get?
2. If I get 3 HR21s I need 6 cables run, 2 to each receiver. Will I need/get a SWM? Is that included in the standard 4 room installation, or is that something I'm going to be charged for?
3. What other equipment is needed for this setup and should I expect any expenses beyond the free "standard" installation?
TIA for you help and advice.

·
Registered
8,636 Posts
1. depends on #2.. slimline with wb68 switch or a swmline..
2. If you are in the areas they are installing them you would qualify (6 tuners) otherwize they will run 2 lines to each reciver.. this should be included with install (unless something special like wall fishes)..

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I'm confused by the dish/hardware/cable combinations. I don't think my area (New Orleans) is getting the latest and greatest. I understand I need a 5 lnb dish to get the HD I want. Could someone list the possible setups, e.g., this model dish requires this model switch (or not) which then runs 3 (or 6) cables to the receivers? Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,682 Posts
Just a small pointer. Be ready to battle with CSRs and prepare to shelll out about $400-$600 to get all 3 HD DVRs. D* prefers to give you one and upgrade you down the road.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mertzen said:
Just a small pointer. Be ready to battle with CSRs and prepare to shelll out about $400-$600 to get all 3 HD DVRs. D* prefers to give you one and upgrade you down the road.
I'm planning on going for the NFLST promo, which gives me 1 HD DVR free. I'm also planning on using the AAA promotion, but we'll see how that works. Didn't they reduce the price of the HD DVRs from 199 to 99?

·
Hall Of Fame
8,969 Posts
patronius said:
Didn't they reduce the price of the HD DVRs from 199 to 99?
No, they reduced the price from $299 to $199, AND new subscribers normally get a $100 rebate on their first (only) advanced receiver. Since you're signing up for the ST, the promo will pick up the other $99, making your first HD-DVR free. Additional HD-DVRs still carry the $199 upfront lease fee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.