DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HD Locals just came on this morning so I decided to add some shows to my list. I attempted to add Heroes HD to my list but I receive the following message:

"This Program May not record because this receiver is not currently authorized for it."

I added the program anyway but what does this message mean?

· Godfather
334 Posts
groove93 said:
HD Locals just came on this morning so I decided to add some shows to my list. I attempted to add Heroes HD to my list but I receive the following message:

"This Program May not record because this receiver is not currently authorized for it."

It means Directv didn't turn on the DVR service for you. You need to call them and have them reauthorize your box. I think there may be a way to do this from Directv's website.

· Godfather
318 Posts
groove93 said:

If you can view the HD local channel, it will record. Might reset the DVR, and try to schedule again.

· Legend
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
keith_benedict said:
It means Directv didn't turn on the DVR service for you. You need to call them and have them reauthorize your box. I think there may be a way to do this from Directv's website.
DVR Service has been active Since June.

· Legend
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Found the problem, When I set the Shows "Life" and "Heroes" to record, they were set to record from and NBCHD affiliate that I don't receive. That same day my Locals became Available in HD so I guess the guide chose the wrong channel. Tried to watch "Life" tonight and a "Checking for Authorization" message appeared on the screen. Looked at the info and it was Channel 87 or something like that. I checked my Recording settings and "Life" was set to record on Friday Nights on the right channel, and Monday night on the wrong channel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.