DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have a so-called "International" account because I subscribe to a language package.

I just changed from the Direct Basic package ($9.99) to the Preferred Choice package ($32.99), and I cannot receive my RSN channels (Southwest) anymore. I had this package 30 days ago, and received the RSN with no problem when I had the Preferred Choice package. Then I changed to a Basic package for 3 weeks, and then reordered the Preferred Choice package again.

Spoke to a CSR, and she told me I'm not qualified for a RSN with my current package. I would qualify if I had the Choice ($49.99) package. Is this something new, where the Preferred Choice package no longer qualifies for a RSN? I thought all customers received a RSN except for those having a Basic package?

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have been to that page. I just spoke with another CSR, and she stated I just need to add the Family package ($29.99) to my account. That would be dumb of me to pay an extra $29.99 just to receive the RSN.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
ronsanjim said:
Yes, I have been to that page. I just spoke with another CSR, and she stated I just need to add the Family package ($29.99) to my account. That would be dumb of me to pay an extra $29.99 just to receive the RSN.
I can give you a number to call that will help you but can not post it in here. It says you are not accepting private messages.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
d max82 said:
What is this "basic" package for 9.99 a month. I've never heard of it.
It is a package offered to International programming subscribers. Don't think it is available to "regular" subscribers, though one CSR told me I could subscribe to "any" package offered. It contains most of the religious, shopping, C-Span, RFD, Weather, NASA, about 50 XM Radio channels.

· Godfather
291 Posts
ronsanjim said:
Actually, you do. A CSR confirmed this, also its listed on the D* website.
Well, then this has changed recently. I had the Family package until about two months ago, and it definitely did not include my RSN. Also, I don't see the RSN included in the Family package in the listings on the DirecTV website.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
whitepelican said:
Well, then this has changed recently. I had the Family package until about two months ago, and it definitely did not include my RSN. Also, I don't see the RSN included in the Family package in the listings on the DirecTV website.
Thats cause its not. When you enter your zip it says that they are in choice or above. Family plan is listed below choice.

· Godfather
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wrong....

It states the following:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or FAMILIAR or above):

Familiar means Family. So the RSN is included, which is what the CSR told me. I previously had the Family package, and my RSN was FSN Southwest.

· Hall Of Fame
4,992 Posts
ronsanjim said:
Wrong....

It states the following:

Familiar means Family. So the RSN is included, which is what the CSR told me. I previously had the Family package, and my RSN was FSN Southwest.
After checking again you are right. I stand corrected. So have you called and got it fixed yet?

· Icon
895 Posts
ronsanjim said:
Wrong....

It states the following:

Familiar is not Family. It is a spanish language package that costs $46 a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.