DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Single LNB mobile antenna in my motorhome. It locks on DTV 101W just fine, but I only receive stations from the D8 satellite. I receive nothing from the D9S satellite. All the ODD transponders are good, but all the EVEN transponders show 0 (zero). Why am I not receiving anything from the D9S satellite. I have talked to Direct TV more than once and their tech dept is no help.

Craig in CA.

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
cwspiess said:
I have a Single LNB mobile antenna in my motorhome. It locks on DTV 101W just fine, but I only receive stations from the D8 satellite. I receive nothing from the D9S satellite. All the ODD transponders are good, but all the EVEN transponders show 0 (zero). Why am I not receiving anything from the D9S satellite. I have talked to Direct TV more than once and their tech dept is no help.

Craig in CA.
Zero signal on even transponders usually indicates a cable/connector problem. Even transponders are selected by the receiver putting an 18v signal on the line to the dish, odd transponders 13v. If there is a poor connection, there could be too much voltage loss and the 18v could be dropping below the threshold needed to select evens, so you will not see them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.