DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Novice here with a wireless network - not getting the HR20 to see my PCs pictures/music.

Specs:
D-Link DI-614+ wireless router; Buffalo Wireless G Ethernet Converter; Windows XP Desktop

Steps:
- Downloaded and installed Twonky. Included 3 additional add-on files in the Cgi-bin directory. Started Twonymedia server.
- Installed Ethernet Converter (EC) with installation CD while connected to router port. Used Dynamic addressing as per instructions.
- Attached EC to the HR20.
- Connected to the Network on the HR20 via the Network menu. Test Successful.
- Checked address in Advanced Settings; Matched what the HR20 address now shows on the wireless router admin screens for an address.
- Rebooted HR20

I am not seeing a change in the Menu on the HR20. Any ideas for me to check?

Thanks - Mark

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The HR20 test shows connection to both the Internet and Network.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - using DHCP, although I did try static addressing as well during the process as I got a message when setting up the converter saying the IP addresses were in conflict. Now I am using DHCP, although I still get the occasional message on my laptop (connected via wire through the router) that I need to reconnect to the internet while surfing. Very intermittent though.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried direct connect from router straight to HR20 without using Ethernet Converter. Still not seeing Music and Pictures in menu. I must be doing something fundamentally wrong...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.