DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Icon
578 Posts
In order to get my Buffalo wireless ethernet converter working, I first had to run a hardwire cat5 connection from my router directly to the HR20. Then I had the Music & Photos option appear in the menu. Then I unplugged the hardwire connection, and made the connection to the Buffalo converter - it worked! Unfortunately, once I rebooted my PC the HR20 lost the connection again.

It appears I can only get my HR20 connected (reliably) is with a hardwire connection. However, I can't leave 75' of cat5 cable running from the upstairs of my house to the downstairs where the HR20 is. This evening I'll be trying THIS METHOD, and hopefully I won't have anymore connection issues. If this works, the Buffalo converter is being sent back.

·
Icon
578 Posts
The Powerline Ethernet Adapter does indeed work - finally! :D It acts just like a hardwired network cable connection. For anyone having issues with their wireless ethernet converters, I recommend going this route and they can be had from $50-$150 depending on where and what model you get. :)

EDIT: The only issue I still have remaining is that my HR20 can only see the Twonky media server software and not WMP11. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMP11 a couple times now to no avail. Looks like I'll need to cough up the $20 for the non-trial version of the Twonky software - unless someone can provide any tips for getting WMP11 to work?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.