DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried looking/searching through posts to see if these are widespread problems or more localized, but I can't seem to find anything...

1. When watching live TV, if I pause or rewind, I cannot get it to resume playing [either in rewound form or in live form]. It will freeze on the frame and do absolutely nothing unless I change channels.

2. Well, okay, this isn't really so much of a problem as it is a gripe. When I hit the info button [or menu->help->settings] the left border is cut off. Example: on today's date I see: "at 12/2" instead of "Sat 12/2" and "SPN HD" instead of "ESPN HD". I know, it's a minor complaint given the problems that have been had with this receiver, but I didn't know if there was a way to fix this...

Any help would be much obliged!

·
Legend
144 Posts
(1) Never had this problem, fortunately.
(2) Probably a setting on your TV rather than the HR20. Do you have a 16:9 TV? Is that the setting you have on your HR20?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
uteotw said:
(1) Never had this problem, fortunately.
(2) Probably a setting on your TV rather than the HR20. Do you have a 16:9 TV? Is that the setting you have on your HR20?
Yes, it's a 16:9 TV, and that's the setting I have on my HR20. =/

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
9,809 Posts
Sounds like your TV overscan is way off on the left side. You'll need to dig for your TV info and see if you can correct that via the menus or if you need to get into the service menu on your TV. Basically not much you can do HR20 wise...but do check to make sure you aren't in 1080i crop mode or something.

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
jkroboth said:
I've tried looking/searching through posts to see if these are widespread problems or more localized, but I can't seem to find anything...

1. When watching live TV, if I pause or rewind, I cannot get it to resume playing [either in rewound form or in live form]. It will freeze on the frame and do absolutely nothing unless I change channels.

2. Well, okay, this isn't really so much of a problem as it is a gripe. When I hit the info button [or menu->help->settings] the left border is cut off. Example: on today's date I see: "at 12/2" instead of "Sat 12/2" and "SPN HD" instead of "ESPN HD". I know, it's a minor complaint given the problems that have been had with this receiver, but I didn't know if there was a way to fix this...

Any help would be much obliged!
I have the same freezing when I pause or rewind. I have noticed it more when watching something that I previously recorded. Changing channels or turning it off and on is the only thing that gets it unfrozen. This seems to happen about 20% of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.