DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But Currently my TVs, Two Samsung DLP's, and One Mitsubishi DLP can recieve Over the Air HD Programming using my Cox Cable feed. It grabs a lot more channels but I was able to cull out the ones that just came through with a light signal and keep my main ones.

3-1 KVBC NBC
5-1 KVVU Fox
8-1 KLAS CBS
10-1 KLVX PBS
10-2 KLVX PBS
13-1 KTNV ABC
21-1 KVMY
33-1 KVCW CW

I took the same Cox cable feed and fed it into the only Off-Air Antennae input on the back of my HR-20. It goes through the initial setup, and when it is done it lists all the channels but I am getting a 771 Error on them all. Just was courious if this Reciever wont pick them up on that style input, and if so why is the Tuner that much different that it couldnt decode what 3 TVs can. Not to mention I have done this on Numerous TVs and even a few older HD Directv boxes.

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,332 Posts
Nice try, but alas, the cable companies went with QAM-256 to modulate the HD signals, Directv went with MPEG4, and the broadcast world went with MPEG2 (ATSC). And given Directv don't really want to support cable nor want to support yet another encoding technology anyway, none of there receivers will likely support the cable encoding technology.

Welcome to the forums, though. Keep brainstorming and posting, you will have winners soon enough and we'll all be able to say "We know Papamouse when..." :welcome_s

Merry Christmas,
Tom

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will go and get an Antennae then so I can get my the three HD channels that arent carried by D* now. (At least in my Area)

Thanks for the Input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.