DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Mentor
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I an getting a big fat zero on tuner 2. Tuner 1 seems to be working fine. Would this be a BBand problem? Thanks in advance!!

This is on my HR-21. I'm getting ready to go check the HR-20 upstairs, but it seems to be fine.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,787 Posts
If you think it might be a BBC problem try swapping them.

Swap them without swapping the cables. If you still get tuner 2 problems try swapping the cables.

Let us know what you get and what your signal strengths are on the good tuner. We'll track it down.

Mike
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,787 Posts
andy1824 said:
Thanks Micro. I did just as you said. Nothing on Tuner 2 either time. I guess it could be an internal problem? I'm going to try and reset the receiver and see if that does any good.

Any other ideas?
After the reset try and get us you signal strengths.

Menu->Parental, Fav's & Setup->System Setup->Reset->Sat & Ant>View Signal Strength
Satellite transponders (32 total at 101°)
1-8 # # # # # # # #
9-16 # # # # # # # #
17-24 # # # # # # # #
25-32 # # # # # # # #

Satellite transponders (3 total at 110°)
1-8 NA NA NA NA NA NA NA #
9-16 NA # NA # NA NA NA NA

Satellite transponders (11 total at 119°)
17-24 NA NA NA NA NA # # #
25-32 # # # # # # # #

Satellite transponders (6 total at 99°(s))
1-8 # # # # # # NA NA
[Note: these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103°(s))
1-8 # # # # # # NA NA
9-16 NA NA NA NA NA NA # #
17-24 # # # # # # # #
[Note, these can be very slow to appear]

Satellite transponders (16 total at 103°(c))
1-8 # # # # # # # #
9-16 # # # # # # NA NA
17-24 # NA NA NA NA # NA NA

thanks to litzdog911 as I got this template from one of his posts.

Mike
 

· Legend
Joined
·
245 Posts
andy1824 said:
I an getting a big fat zero on tuner 2. Tuner 1 seems to be working fine. Would this be a BBand problem? Thanks in advance!!

This is on my HR-21. I'm getting ready to go check the HR-20 upstairs, but it seems to be fine.
andy1824 said:
yes...HR-20 seems to be fine
FWIW I am experiencing this same issue. Have gone thru 3 new boxes (2-HR22 & 1-HR21 with same results all the while my HR20's are fine. Switched all cables and BBC's, tech came out and bypassed multi-switched and same results. Some here have suggested it is my older AT9 dish and that some of the LNBs on those older dishes do not agree with the newer 21's & 22's. I am getting a new dish sometime this week so I will post back with results.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,787 Posts
steff3 said:
FWIW I am experiencing this same issue. Have gone thru 3 new boxes (2-HR22 & 1-HR21 with same results all the while my HR20's are fine. Switched all cables and BBC's, tech came out and bypassed multi-switched and same results. Some here have suggested it is my older AT9 dish and that some of the LNBs on those older dishes do not agree with the newer 21's & 22's. I am getting a new dish sometime this week so I will post back with results.
I'm really interested in how that works.

I hope you can post the results.

Mike
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,787 Posts
dishrich said:
Somebody on the dealer board said that going thru satellite setup again on these receivers seems to fix the "tuner 2 dead" problems. (I can't vouch for it personally, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to try it...)
Do you have a link?

Mike
 

· Legend
Joined
·
245 Posts
MicroBeta said:
I'm really interested in how that works.

I hope you can post the results.

Mike
I will definately post the results of a new dish.

dishrich said:
Somebody on the dealer board said that going thru satellite setup again on these receivers seems to fix the "tuner 2 dead" problems. (I can't vouch for it personally, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to try it...)
Worth a try and hopefully it will work for some but in my case I ran thru it several times to no avail.
 

· New Member
Joined
·
8 Posts
Same problem here on a reconditioned HR-21 that was sent to me a month ago to replace a noisy HR-20. Its been happening to me intermittently and I would reset the box and it would fix itself. After hours of switching cables, BBC's, resets, etc. I have determined that it is a flaw with my HR-21. I can make it fault by watching a local station on Tuner 1 and then keying in 539 on my remote to access a Showtime channel. I then will get a "searching for sat...2". If I go into the system test screen I will get a 0 on Tuner 2 signal strength. Run it a second time and it will go back to normal signal strength and regain the channel on Tuner 2. Obviously, not a connection issue but a Tuner issue. I called Directv and they are sending me a replacement.
 

· Legend
Joined
·
245 Posts
steff3 said:
FWIW I am experiencing this same issue. Have gone thru 3 new boxes (2-HR22 & 1-HR21 with same results all the while my HR20's are fine. Switched all cables and BBC's, tech came out and bypassed multi-switched and same results. Some here have suggested it is my older AT9 dish and that some of the LNBs on those older dishes do not agree with the newer 21's & 22's. I am getting a new dish sometime this week so I will post back with results.
MicroBeta said:
I'm really interested in how that works.

I hope you can post the results.

Mike
Well, here it is about a month later and they finally got out here to replace my current AT-9(side car) dish with the Slimline AUT(?)9. At any rate, that did the trick. Receiving tuner 2 with sats 99 & 103 clear as a bell now on the HR22. I am very pleased.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,787 Posts
steff3 said:
Well, here it is about a month later and they finally got out here to replace my current AT-9(side car) dish with the Slimline AUT(?)9. At any rate, that did the trick. Receiving tuner 2 with sats 99 & 103 clear as a bell now on the HR22. I am very pleased.
That's good to hear. :)

I guess it was a LNB problem? Who knows but it works.

Enjoy! :)

Mike
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top