DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lockup overnight -- no Guiding Light recorded today. Hell to pay when she finds out. If OTA doesn't show up by Dec 1st so there is ONE positive new event evident to her, then Time Warner wins, and I will pay whatever cancellation charge is demanded to send this POS back. This is lamer than Dish thinking they didn't need to buy any DVR technology and learning the hard way -- they already SAW that happen and blew it anyway.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,614 Posts
Oh no !! no Guiding Light recorded today !! What a tragedy !! What a POS box this is !!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure everything with timewarner will be just perfect and you won't be so scared to tell the wifey Guiding Light didn't record.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
267 Posts
Welcome to the "wife pissed off at the HR20" club. At least my wife knows the fact that D* is better than anything else. We had Cox and they were overpriced and horrible. Dish is out of the question... so really D* is the best we can get. And, in all honesty, they have been very good... until they released this beta product. I have faith that they will eventually work out the kinks. But... good luck with Time Warner...
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
glennb said:
Oh no !! no Guiding Light recorded today !! What a tragedy !! What a POS box this is !!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure everything with timewarner will be just perfect and you won't be so scared to tell the wifey Guiding Light didn't record.
Yeah, it would only be a tragedy if you missed your Bikini Destinations. . . Did it ever occur to you that all these boxes EVER do is record insipid trash?
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
88 Posts
glennb said:
Oh no !! no Guiding Light recorded today !! What a tragedy !! What a POS box this is !!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure everything with timewarner will be just perfect and you won't be so scared to tell the wifey Guiding Light didn't record.
glennb, we know that you have had no problems with this box and everything has been all fine and dandy but let me ask you a question. Why do you have an HR20 and post/read this forum? I presume it is because you enjoy HD programming and like recording it. That being the case, can't you understand the frustration that many on here feel given their experiences? Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were paying for a service you weren't getting? You are very fortunate in that your HR20 has been good. Mine has too but I would be very upset if I was paying good money for service that I wasn't getting. Despite your good fortune, there have been way too many issues for something that is supposed to work reliably....it's that simple. Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoy Bikini Destinations and would be furious if it didn't record.:)
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,019 Posts
:D

Funny, I just explained the WAF to my wife tonight. She hasn't complained once about the box. But it's been pretty solid and she doesn't record much and doesn't watch as much as me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,718 Posts
k2ue,
I believe Soapnet channel replays all soaps. They'll be listed by title - day, ie Guiding Light-Tuesday.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
260 Posts
Yes, try SoapNet....

That is why I kept the SD-Tivo box and all of my wifes shows are programmed on it. That is fine because the HD doesn't matter as much to her for most shows.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sigma1914 said:
k2ue,
I believe Soapnet channel replays all soaps. They'll be listed by title - day, ie Guiding Light-Tuesday.
Unfortunately Guiding Light is one they don't.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,199 Posts
1Indy79 said:
glennb, we know that you have had no problems with this box and everything has been all fine and dandy but let me ask you a question. Why do you have an HR20 and post/read this forum? I presume it is because you enjoy HD programming and like recording it. That being the case, can't you understand the frustration that many on here feel given their experiences? Wouldn't you be annoyed if you were paying for a service you weren't getting? You are very fortunate in that your HR20 has been good. Mine has too but I would be very upset if I was paying good money for service that I wasn't getting. Despite your good fortune, there have been way too many issues for something that is supposed to work reliably....it's that simple. Having said all that, I thoroughly enjoy Bikini Destinations and would be furious if it didn't record.:)
Don't even waste your time.
 

·
Legend
Joined
·
189 Posts
glennb said:
Oh no !! no Guiding Light recorded today !! What a tragedy !! What a POS box this is !!
:rolleyes:

I'm sure everything with timewarner will be just perfect and you won't be so scared to tell the wifey Guiding Light didn't record.
:nono2:

"I'll take people who need decaf for $200, Alex."

Didn't you read the post where Earl (one of the moderators here) said please don't attack your fellow posters?

To many people, their programs are very important. I don't see why you feel it necessary to respond in a negative manner to someone who's upset that their show did not record.

Why respond at all?

You need a time out, my friend. And maybe lighten up on the Red Bull.
 

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
k2ue said:
Unfortunately Guiding Light is one they don't.
Bittorrent my friend. There has to be someone in the world that uploads soaps. :D

But as mentioned above, first check the network website. Most are now making their prime time shows anyway available on the website for free.
 

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
Joined
·
12,182 Posts
Did it ever occur to you that all these boxes EVER do is record insipid trash?
Speak for yourself - it's not ALL trash. The Bismark special on Discovery HD Theater was great last week. :)
 

·
Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
30,092 Posts
Please... Please Please...

Enough is a Enough...
I don't want to have to be a bad guy around here...

If I missed an episode of 24 (which my HR10 has done), I would be ticked off to.

Bottom line it is a TV Show... but TV is our escapes from the "daily" grind. and when that escape get's disrupted (like a bad vacation), it isn't a good thing.

So please.... no attacking other users in the forums... It is not beneficial to the forum. A user can vent, just try to help with a solution, instead of an attack on their opinion or frustrations.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,765 Posts
Sure he can get it from other sources but his point is that he wants it to record on the HR20 cause that is why he got it.

My thing is I don't record any SD programming on the HR20. I use my R10 for that upstairs.

I have had very few missed recordings. I think only one to date on the HR20. My R10 though has never missed a recording.

There is no doubt that some people here have major bugs in their boxes.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top