DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching two hour fully recorded holiday program on my HR20-700 recently. About 1/2 hour into it, Christmas company showed up & I exited the recording. Later I returned to finish watching it. It would not play, would not rewind, would not fast forward, it would not do anything!

I have had many failures in this box such as freeze ups, programs not recording, programs recording with no sound, etc., but this was a first.

When will it end?

John H.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
johnchart said:
I was watching two hour fully recorded holiday program on my HR20-700 recently. About 1/2 hour into it, Christmas company showed up & I exited the recording. Later I returned to finish watching it. It would not play, would not rewind, would not fast forward, it would not do anything!

I have had many failures in this box such as freeze ups, programs not recording, programs recording with no sound, etc., but this was a first.

When will it end?

John H.
It sounds like you had a lock up. It is frustrating and it seems to take forever to wait for the whole boot sequence, especially when you want use the box, but you need to do a RBR, (red button reset) and hope that you can resume doing what you wanted, including finishing playback of that recording.

·
Icon
770 Posts
Don't be surprised if the recording is gone after you reboot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.