DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it be possible to use E* equipment to subscribe just to NPS distant networks?

With Sky Angel you can just have their service only (without E* service) by using E* equipment so I was thinking the same could be done with NPS. After all aren't they leasing satellite space just like Sky Angel with their own billing?

· Hall Of Fame
1,666 Posts
If you are requesting DNS for DBS then from what I have read you have to have E* equippment and be an E* sub. I tried calling NPS with my dads (he is D* sub) phone number and was told I do not qualify for DNS. They said my phone number was not in thier system and I was told to call E*. I also called NPS' C-band customer service and was told that my address does qualify for DNS (it is in a true white area) but it can only be on a c-band system. My address does not qualify for DNS from D* or E* (prior to the shut off) becasue they offer my locals LiL.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
Theoretically one should not need an E* subscription. Early reports don't bode well for the theory. :(

· Hall Of Fame
1,666 Posts
The thing to keep in mind is that NPS offers DNS to C-Band customers. The only DBS subs they sell distants to are selected (by E*) dishnetwork DNS subs who were cut off. The prrof is the fact that when you call them for DNS as an E* sub (they have a diffrent 800 number for C-Band customers) the first thing they ask is for your phone number. If that phone number is not in the system they ask if it the same number as on your E* bill. If you tell them yes they tell you to call your sat provider.

· Legend
152 Posts
cj9788 said:
If you are requesting DNS for DBS then from what I have read you have to have E* equippment and be an E* sub. I tried calling NPS with my dads (he is D* sub) phone number and was told I do not qualify for DNS. They said my phone number was not in thier system and I was told to call E*. I also called NPS' C-band customer service and was told that my address does qualify for DNS (it is in a true white area) but it can only be on a c-band system. My address does not qualify for DNS from D* or E* (prior to the shut off) becasue they offer my locals LiL.
I can confirm this... the NPS operators will ask for your phone number and if it is not in their database (i.e., if Dish did not provide them with your phone number)-- that is the end of the call. They refuse to do anything further, including the exercise of independent qualifying your address for DNS as is suggested on their website (independent qualification). Despite their protestation, NPS/AllAmericanDirect.com/whatever they are called is absolutely linked with Dish Network on this.

Here is the verbiage from the AllAmericanDirect.com website regarding:

Will I receive the same distant networks?

AllAmericanDirect.com will perform proper eligibility testing on every network for every interested customer. Therefore, if you are a qualified eligible customer, you may choose to receive the eligible (ABC - CBS - NBC - FOX) networks. We have decided to bundle both coasts feeds for each network. Therefore, when you subscribe to an eligible network, you will receive both the San Francisco & Atlanta feeds for that network. You will receive both feeds for the same price of the individual network.

How can I check to see if I am eligible to receive Distant Networks?

Go to www.MyDistantNetworks.com and enter your name, address (including zip code), phone number & email address. If eligible, you can also order your networks from this site.

· Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
intrac said:
Does the NPS agreement include the HD versions?
It doesn't include HD's have contacted them I have an HD waiver and would like the HD feeds of the nets not in my area (ABC,& CBS), They have not returned an email to the HQ of NPS telling me they a can give me any help. It is worse than pulling teeth to get an HD waiver it took me 3 months. I know some of the personnel at the station that has both affiliates.

· Super Moderator
54,219 Posts
NPS does not currently have the room for HDs ... although they could lease other transponders (probably on 61.5° and 129°) if they wanted to offer them.

· Mentor
33 Posts
Does NPS only sign people up if they lost their distant networks, or, if someone is in a white area and signs up as a new subscriber with DISH can they also sign-up with NPS for their distant networks (assuming DISH provides them the phone number of the new account)....Does DISH do that with new accounts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.