DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone trying to watch Numb3rs on WUSA right now?

I'm recording it. Tried to start watching 30 minutes into the program (as I usually do) and BAM ...blank screen. I can tune to channel 9 manually and watch, but the second I try to rewind or use any other 'trick play' feature the picture freezes, I can change channel and get it back, etc.......:mad:

I've been through more red-button resets in the last few days than I care to count. 'tis REALLY starting to get under my skin.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
Zeos said:
Anyone trying to watch Numb3rs on WUSA right now?

I'm recording it. Tried to start watching 30 minutes into the program (as I usually do) and BAM ...blank screen. I can tune to channel 9 manually and watch, but the second I try to rewind or use any other 'trick play' feature the picture freezes, I can change channel and get it back, etc.......:mad:

I've been through more red-button resets in the last few days than I care to count. 'tis REALLY starting to get under my skin.
I'm in NY and having similar freeze up problems and unwatchables. Its pretty frustrating.

· Icon
526 Posts
We've had this a couple times on our primary HR20 recently... don't watch Numb3rs, but it might be something in the MPEG4 stream... Our 2nd HR20 mostly only records MPEG2 stuff.

· DBSTalk Club Member
485 Posts
My wife tried to record NUMB3RS last night and it didn't work when we tried to play it this morning. Reset the HR20 and it was gone from the play list.:(

· Registered
5,952 Posts
Have you tried OTA? I recorded Numbers last night just fine, OTA. We don't have MPEG-4 here yet. That might be an alternative for your (OTA), until they get the MPEG-$ stream cleaned up.

· AllStar
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hasan said:
Have you tried OTA? I recorded Numbers last night just fine, OTA. We don't have MPEG-4 here yet. That might be an alternative for your (OTA), until they get the MPEG-$ stream cleaned up.
I wish it were, but there's zero chance of me receiving any networks OTA in my location without erecting a tower the size of a small skyscraper) .....something which sounds interesting to me from a technological standpoint, would likely end in my demise once the wife sees it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.