DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the posts here, it seems we're all over the map with our stability. Me, I've had to reboot (due to freezing) at least 4x a week since Day One. Since the last software update, it's at least one freeze/reboot per day. I'm gathering this is unusually high?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
eggre said:
Reading the posts here, it seems we're all over the map with our stability. Me, I've had to reboot (due to freezing) at least 4x a week since Day One. Since the last software update, it's at least one freeze/reboot per day. I'm gathering this is unusually high?
I have had no reboots required (to date) on oxeb but I had do to 4 or 5 under the prior version and also reboots under the earlier releases.

This is not a claim of stability from interface lockups, I have only had this code since thurs AM, I would like to see a week or 2 go by before I would say it is stable from locking up. I do still have other bugs like the partial bug and the new mpeg trick play screen resync issues.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
Well, I've had one reboot due to freezing in three weeks of pretty heavy daily use (and it was while finishing up a silly MPEG2 SD sitcom and telling the HR20 to delete it - froze going back to the List). Anyway, yeah, I'd say that's pretty high.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
A couple of reboots the first 3 weeks or so since launch. However for the past 2 weeks or so my HR20 has not been rebooted once.

·
Legend
101 Posts
eggre said:
My first HR20 was a disaster, and was replaced after one day. The second has been just about perfect. No freezes, no resets, etc. Knock on wood... This is going on about 6 weeks, give or take.

--Mike

·
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well. My unit spontaneously rebooted not once, not twice, but three times during the Ohio State-Michigan game. I have now vaulted from irritation to murderous rage. I'll be calling DTV and asking for a replacement unit Monday.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
eggre said:
Over two months and not one single reboot...ever (except the automatic one with all updates)

No MPEG-4's here

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
My unit locked up and required weekly reboots until two updates ago--none since then.

By the way, didn't I read that E* had a DVR that automatically rebooted daily by design?

·
Legend
221 Posts
One never rebooted since install, the other twice---2 1/2 Months. That second one I almost red button reset two other times when it stopped responding to any remote inputs....both time it caught up to what it was doing and after about 1-2 minutes was fine.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,448 Posts
Since version EF (endlessly failing) was released, I've had to reboot daily in order to get the unit out of standby and it takes a minimum of three to four red button resets and waiting on average ten minutes before it boots up and then it's directly to live TV, most times, ie. no welcome screen etc. My HR 20 was great until the last software upgrade. I truly wish I could roll the unit back to the previous software version, I just want to record my shows.:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.