DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been with DirecTv since 1996. My system lately is having numerous problems that I am stumped. Let me start with the equipment I currently have:

HR34-700, 2 HR24-100, H24-100, H25-100, AM21 (Connect to Genie), Swim 16.

All receivers have the latest national release of the software.

The problems with the Genie are as follows:
1) Very slow response to all commands from the remote. Doesn't matter which mode the remote is in (IR or RF).
2) Pixelation during playback of recorded shows and occasionally on live TV. Signal strength is all in the upper 90's on all satellites and pixelation does not happen on the other DVR or receivers
3) The picture freezes and no sound happens quite often. Seems to be happening more often. It does not matter which channel I am watching.

The other problems as follows:
1) One room in the house I keep getting unable to contact the satellite. It disappears if I reset the receiver. I have switched receivers and it happens on all receivers that I put in the room.
2) The HR24's are starting to get slow responses just as the Genie

My latest 2 year agreement is up in two weeks, so before I call Directv, I am looking for input on what I should do to get this fixed.

Any input would be great, Thank you.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
strack said:
I have been with DirecTv since 1996. My system lately is having numerous problems that I am stumped. Let me start with the equipment I currently have:

1) Very slow response to all commands from the remote. Doesn't matter which mode the remote is in (IR or RF).
2) Pixelation during playback of recorded shows and occasionally on live TV. Signal strength is all in the upper 90's on all satellites and pixelation does not happen on the other DVR or receivers
3) The picture freezes and no sound happens quite often. Seems to be happening more often. It does not matter which channel I am watching.

1) One room in the house I keep getting unable to contact the satellite. It disappears if I reset the receiver. I have switched receivers and it happens on all receivers that I put in the room.

My latest 2 year agreement is up in two weeks, so before I call Directv, I am looking for input on what I should do to get this fixed.

You should have a tech come out and check the connections, coax lines, etc.. Sounds like you have at least 1. Also tell them how terrible the HR34 is and see if you can get an HR44. Do not let them replace your 34 with another 34. Ask the tech on the phone when he calls to tell you he is on his way oif he has one. If he doesn't, tell him to reschedule to a time that he does have one.

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
strack said:
that would seem to indicate that you have a bad cable/connector feeding that room.

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
You might also check and verify that you don't have more than 8 tuners on one side of your SWM16. With the equipment you have, it is unlikely unless nothing is on the second output.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yah, there's something up. The 34 will need to be swapped with a 44/54. The signal related problem is a probable issue with cabling, connectors, splitter, or SWM 16. Call D* and have them send out a tech.

·
Registered
9,492 Posts
strack said:

Once you do all the battery changing and checking of all connections, the remaining major cause of increasing remote slowness is DirecTV staff making UTH improvements with bloated SW updates.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.