Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, from Bloomberg:

"A New York State appeals court affirmed a decision to impose sanctions on EchoStar Satellite LLC for destroying e-mail evidence in a Cablevision Systems Corp. (CVC) contract suit."

This is relating to Voom's lawsuit against Dish/Echostar, which apparently was filed before the companies split. As we all know, Dish unceremoniously dumped Voom without warning in May 2008, giving me no opportunity to make archival recordings of the umpteenth airing of old Fox and Crow cartoons. But I digress.

The trial judge in that case found that E* systematically destroyed those emails "in direct violation of the law," and he plans to tell the jury that it may assume that the destroyed information would have been helpful to Voom/Cablevision. The appeals court affirmed that finding.

·
Icon
859 Posts
What is the status of the Voom channels at this time? Do they even exist anymore?

The instruction will be helpful to Voom/Cablevision if the matter ever goes to jury trial, but it is still very uncertain what a jury will do.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
runner861 said:
What is the status of the Voom channels at this time? Do they even exist anymore?
Nope.

Independent of whatever Dish may have done improperly... Dish was the only company carrying all of those channels. Rainbow Media didn't do a good job of maintaining the quality of those channels and marketing them to other cable and satellite vendors.

Rainbow also refused to let Dish subscribe to a smaller subset of the more popular channels (it was all or nothing) so Dish chose to drop them all.

It was unfortunate that more business savvy people weren't running Voom because they had a good head start on HD... but they squandered it.

·
Godfather
421 Posts
356B said:
I still miss those old horror movies Voom had....The Mummy, Dracula, The Wolf Man among others :(
MONSTERS HD was one of the best channels...ever! Dropping those channels was one, among several others, that lead to me dropping DISH. I hope VOOM ( or whatever entinty is suing) gets the whole 2.5 billion.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
runner861 said:

The instruction will be helpful to Voom/Cablevision if the matter ever goes to jury trial, but it is still very uncertain what a jury will do.
VOOM doesn't exist now. VOOM was wonderful.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
paja said:
MONSTERS HD was one of the best channels...ever! Dropping those channels was one, among several others, that lead to me dropping DISH. I hope VOOM ( or whatever entinty is suing) gets the whole 2.5 billion.
How were the Voom channels on the company you switched to? Did they carry the same set up? Was the picture quality better?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.