DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting 0 0 69 75 61 69 on my 103 transponders and I have absolutely no picture at all on my NY locals which come in on this spot beam.

Weather related. It is very cloudy and rainy today yet I recall days that were just as rainy wehre the 103 and NY locals did not go out.

Just wanted to confirm with all of you that this is weather and not HR20 related.

Happy New Year!

· AllStar
59 Posts
Living on the eastern end of long island and having no problems with losing locals. I do have the problem with the locals dropping out for a moment (black screen) every now and then though.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just today (or during storms like this) or has this been something ongoing for you? Also can you check your signals for me if you have a chance.

crazyick said:
Living on the eastern end of long island and having no problems with losing locals. I do have the problem with the locals dropping out for a moment (black screen) every now and then though.

· AllStar
59 Posts
The momentary drop-outs have been happening for a while now, it does not seem to be weather related. I haven’t noticed this on any other set in the house (those TV’s are using receivers different then the hr20). I figured it was an issue with the HR20 since others on the board have posted about the drop-outs (black screen).

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you tell me what your signals are on the 103. Also are you ok with the 110 like UHD, HDMovies and ShowtimeHD

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are my signals low on the 103. Should I be getting a picture with those levels. Currently all I am getting is the 771 searching for signal.

My 110 channels are fine. 119 is out but that is nothing new for me. .

· Registered
2,060 Posts
I think the NY MPEG4 locals are on 99.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know now that you mention it that might be right. I will have to check out Lyngsat later when I get home. I think my signals on 99 were pretty bad before too.

Indeed the Locals here are on 99

http://www.lyngsat.com/hd/space2.html

gpg said:
I think the NY MPEG4 locals are on 99.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was just out and about for a while and it is really foggy in my area.

Here is what my 99 sat looks like

0 42 0 32 0 31

I guess I will have to wait till things clear up to find out the signal strength goes up to normal levels.

· Icon
2,282 Posts
Mine are fine, but I'm having trouble with the HD channels in the 70s. I am getting bad pixelation since last night, and some bleed in from other channels for a split second. It's not constant, but it's annoying.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
And see mine are fine in the 70s (well expect the ones on the 119 which I always have issues with) I guess it must just be the weather. Especially the weather in NJ today. Thanks for the confirmation. I just wonder what makes it so that the 99 and in you case the 110 is so affected by the bad weather but the 101 is not.

Steveknj said:
Mine are fine, but I'm having trouble with the HD channels in the 70s. I am getting bad pixelation since last night, and some bleed in from other channels for a split second. It's not constant, but it's annoying.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Is it normal for on really bad weather days for only some of the programming to be out? I was thinking about this. Why would the 99 be out, the 101 be on the 110 be on and the 119 be out if it were fog or cloud releated?

· Registered
5,952 Posts
If your signal on 99 starts out weaker than 101 in the first place, then any additional attenuation would cause 99 to drop out, and 101 to still hang in (for example) It is not unusual for the spot beams to be weaker than 101....it's not typical either...it's a matter of luck and how well your dish was aligned to the spot beam birds in the first place.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
What's your signal strength on 99 on a non-rainy day? IIRC, mine are generally in the 90s with the exception of tp5 which I think is usually in the very high 80s.

· Hall Of Fame
1,914 Posts
My HR20 strengths at the 99 are currently 85 87 96 83 82 93. It is very cloudy, and foggy. All the mpeg-4 channels seem fine.

· Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It is very cloudy again today and again I have lost the locals. When the weather clears I am going to check to see what I have on the 99. Right now I have 12 51 15 0 39 and I can not recall the others. My 101 currently is at mostly high 80s a few low 90s and one 100. Nothing lower than 82 on the 101.

If it turns out that the 99 on a clear sunny day only gets high 60s or 70s, or lower even, let's say, should the Dish be re-alligned (pointed)?

It's also odd that this seems to have no effect on the 110. Still strong in the low 80s

gpg said:
What's your signal strength on 99 on a non-rainy day? IIRC, mine are generally in the 90s with the exception of tp5 which I think is usually in the very high 80s.

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Okay, it's a drizzly, overcast, damp day here on LI. My readings on 99 are 88 98 96 95 83 96 and on 103 they're 0 0 95 51 95 33. 110 reads 96 96 97.

I think either your dish need to be fine tuned for the 99 and 103 birds or there's a problem with your KA lnb, because I can't believe your signal levels should be that much lower than mine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.