·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My only complaint is I would like to have seen them do a myth that has not already been tested several times before. There are plenty of great myths which they have not tackled that will get kids interested in science.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,136 Posts
I'm wondering jus thow the President will fit into the death ray thing. Maybe they will try to sell him on it as a weapon. :D Of course, so far they have proved it work work. I wonder if they will address the recent Las Vegas building that has been in the news lately. Not exactly death ray level, but causing discomfort and melting plastic is not good at teh pool.

·
Hall Of Fame
16,344 Posts
Lee L said:
I'm wondering jus thow the President will fit into the death ray thing. Maybe they will try to sell him on it as a weapon. :D Of course, so far they have proved it work work. I wonder if they will address the recent Las Vegas building that has been in the news lately. Not exactly death ray level, but causing discomfort and melting plastic is not good at teh pool.
That one would be worse if they didn't have a coating on the windows on that side to scatter the light. It wasn't enough, but the pool area is not getting the full beam that it could have if they didn't think of the issue at all.

·
Super Moderator
53,503 Posts
Lee L said:
I'm wondering jus thow the President will fit into the death ray thing.
Adam and Jaime were in the Situation Room explaining ...
The plot is that President Obama calls them to the White House and says that they need to revisit the myth using soldiers. The Mythbusters use students from the school where Jaime's wife teaches to test the myth. Then Adam and Jaime report back to the President.

It would be nice if it were not an already tested myth. But as a "most requested revisit" I suppose the fans have their demands.

BTW: President Obama is apparently a fan of Mythbusters. Apparently he didn't hear Adam's political comment at ComiCon this year (wanting to test the myth of the birth certificate). Either that or, as president, he's learned to roll with the punches.

The episode will air December 8th.

·
Icon
1,028 Posts
fluffybear said:
My only complaint is I would like to have seen them do a myth that has not already been tested several times before. There are plenty of great myths which they have not tackled that will get kids interested in science.
+1. This myth was interesting the first time, boring the second time and it seems stupid to do it a 3rd time. If Mr. Obama wasn't on this specific show, my bet is that the ratings would be through the floor for a 3rd try.

·
Hall Of Fame
7,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Getteau said:
+1. This myth was interesting the first time, boring the second time and it seems stupid to do it a 3rd time. If Mr. Obama wasn't on this specific show, my bet is that the ratings would be through the floor for a 3rd try.
I'm not sure his appearance will do much for the ratings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.