DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· AllStar
Joined
·
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man I'm so glad October is almost here. I'm a day early I know. This is my favorite month because all the good scary movies are on tv. I love it. I'm hoping D* will throw Chiller HD among others into our mix. Trick or Treat Directv.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
306 Posts
priester68 said:
Man I'm so glad October is almost here. I'm a day early I know. This is my favorite month because all the good scary movies are on tv. I love it. I'm hoping D* will throw Chiller HD among others into our mix. Trick or Treat Directv.
The first time I discovered the chiller channel, my first thought was "wow, would love to see this as an HD channel"
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
47 Posts
The vast majority of stuff Chiller shows was not filmed in HD or even widescreen. Using HD for that channel would be a total waste. Woo hoo! As if watching a edited, hacked up, censored version of Dr Giggles 2 with 30 minutes of commercials wasn't good enough, now I get to watch it stretched!! Yay!!
 

· Icon
Joined
·
571 Posts
Lethargic said:
The vast majority of stuff Chiller shows was not filmed in HD or even widescreen. Using HD for that channel would be a total waste. Woo hoo! As if watching a edited, hacked up, censored version of Dr Giggles 2 with 30 minutes of commercials wasn't good enough, now I get to watch it stretched!! Yay!!
Dude NBC Universal doesn't stretch they are all about OAR
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,287 Posts
Lethargic said:
The vast majority of stuff Chiller shows was not filmed in HD or even widescreen. Using HD for that channel would be a total waste. Woo hoo! As if watching a edited, hacked up, censored version of Dr Giggles 2 with 30 minutes of commercials wasn't good enough, now I get to watch it stretched!! Yay!!
Dude...

Film (even old film) is higher resolution than HDTV. While many of the older films may have been shot in a 1.33:1 aspect ratio, they can benefit a great deal from being remastered in HD.

And, many, many of the films they show were, in fact, shot in a widescreen format.

Bring on ChillerHD!
 

· Icon
Joined
·
928 Posts
Its funny that many people forget that older movies where taped on 35mm film which contains a higher resolution than HD and will look great when vconverted for HD broadcasting!!!
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
291 Posts
Unfortunately...

Most of those films will look like CRAP upconverted. The transfers are HORRIBLE. I highly doubt that anybody is going to bankroll the restoration of the Leprechaun negative for 4k resolution scans. We're gonna need to live with low-def schlock for awhile longer I'm afraid. VERRRRRYYYY AFFFFRRAAAAAAIIIDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
8,035 Posts
Cmnore said:
Unfortunately...

Most of those films will look like CRAP upconverted. The transfers are HORRIBLE. I highly doubt that anybody is going to bankroll the restoration of the Leprechaun negative for 4k resolution scans. We're gonna need to live with low-def schlock for awhile longer I'm afraid. VERRRRRYYYY AFFFFRRAAAAAAIIIDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Your complaining about some movies that you consider so bad (content wise) that no one will pay to do a good HD transfer, but will watch them in crappy SD? :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
291 Posts
RobertE said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Your complaining about some movies that you consider so bad (content wise) that no one will pay to do a good HD transfer, but will watch them in crappy SD? :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
I am? I never said a word about their content or placed a value on it. I merely made mention of the fact that just because a channel is broadcasting at a high resolution - does not make that which is being broadcast - as 'true' High Def. You can upconvert 480i from some VHS master to 1080i, and it's just gonna be BIGGER. Garbage-in, garbage-out.
 

· Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
priester68 said:
Man I'm so glad October is almost here. I'm a day early I know. This is my favorite month because all the good scary movies are on tv. I love it. I'm hoping D* will throw Chiller HD among others into our mix. Trick or Treat Directv.
More like trick.

Unless you are getting your locals in HD.
 

· Godfather
Joined
·
439 Posts
Lethargic said:
The vast majority of stuff Chiller shows was not filmed in HD or even widescreen. Using HD for that channel would be a total waste. Woo hoo! As if watching a edited, hacked up, censored version of Dr Giggles 2 with 30 minutes of commercials wasn't good enough, now I get to watch it stretched!! Yay!!
Cmnore said:
Unfortunately...

Most of those films will look like CRAP upconverted. The transfers are HORRIBLE. I highly doubt that anybody is going to bankroll the restoration of the Leprechaun negative for 4k resolution scans. We're gonna need to live with low-def schlock for awhile longer I'm afraid. VERRRRRYYYY AFFFFRRAAAAAAIIIDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow... Such negativity. Where is the Halloween spirit? Chiller HD is not live and all some people want to say is how bad it will be. I think those people should use their time posting on something they like. I like Chiller and will watch it a lot more when it goes HD. I don't think NBC/Universal is going to waste their time making this channel HD just to give us "Garbage". But I do agree with the comment made earlier about Monsters HD. Their line-up is tremendous and UNEDITED, wish D* would get a deal with liberty and get at least that one channel. Another channel that would be perfect timing to go HD in October is AMC with Monster Fest coming up!
 

· Icon
Joined
·
654 Posts
hbkbiggestfan said:
Wow... Such negativity. Where is the Halloween spirit? Chiller HD is not live and all some people want to say is how bad it will be. I think those people should use their time posting on something they like. I like Chiller and will watch it a lot more when it goes HD. I don't think NBC/Universal is going to waste their time making this channel HD just to give us "Garbage". But I do agree with the comment made earlier about Monsters HD. Their line-up is tremendous and UNEDITED, wish D* would get a deal with liberty and get at least that one channel. Another channel that would be perfect timing to go HD in October is AMC with Monster Fest coming up!
+1, but have not heard of MonstersHD. Is that an HBO subchannel or something?
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top