DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new poster, but I have been lurking here for quite awhile. I am having an issue I hope someone can help me with.

I am having audio popping or cracking on the DirecTv HD channels only (such as ESPN Discover, etc.) This does not occur on the HD locals or standard channels.

I am setup via aHDMI to DVI cable and RCA audio cables to my TV. However, if I play the audion through an optical cable to my surround receiver, there is no popping as long as I am in Dolby. If I turn off Dolby, it pops.

Any suggestions?

·
Mentor
40 Posts
I noticed the same thing the other night. Frequent POP CHIRP POP POP sound in the audio. It must be something to do with the HDMI to DVI connection since that is one thing our setups have in common. I'm going to connect my video via component and the audio differently and see what I get.

Actually, it's occuring on DSHD and HBOH as I type this. The HD locals seem to be OK.

·
AllStar
92 Posts
I have a Yamaha RXN-600 Receiver that has been connected both component and now HDMI, have always used an optical cable and I have not had the cracking audio issue

Just curious - why would you disable Dolby?

Eddie

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
I use a HDMI to DVI gender bender with an optical output to a Bose system. No problem here. I turned Dolby on and have never turned it off. My system will default form Dolby 5 to PCM through the optical. I would assume that is default for most systems.

I would have to ask the same question as Yesongs, why disable Dolby if you have the feature?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.