DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odd HD technical question

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  jimmie57 
#1 ·
When I had my kitchen remodeled, maybe about 10 years ago, I had coax cables run from the room where my Dish receiver was located to a couple of mounted TVs. Since then 2 things have happened. 1) I switched to a Hopper 3 & Joeys.
2) My cousin got me an HD tv to replace an SD one.

What I am trying to figure out is if it’s possible to get the HD signal from the Joey to the coaxial cable without loosing to much of the HD signal. I tried using the HDMI to coaxial converter and got no signal at all. Any suggestion on how to solve the problem or suggestions of good information sources that could help me find a solution?

Thanks

#5 ·
Last day (at DirecTV forum) @slice1600 got into technicality of sending HDMI via CAT5/6 … take a look
thanks. I finally found the thread (minor typo in the nickname :) ) It answered a couple of my questions but I'm still trying to figure out if standard coaxial cables will carry an HD signal or if a new generation of those cables would be required.

#3 ·
If the cable at the TV can be tied into your DISH wiring (client port from the hub) why not put a Joey at the TV location?

#6 ·
Standard coax cables WILL carry an HD signal - (see OTA / Cable TV) - the issue is converting your source into something that the TV can decode for a reasonable price.

SD is real easy - you can find analog modulators from several sources. I'd recomend Solid Signal as a source rather than the cheap junk at Walmart etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.