DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Legend
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I officially hate the remote that comes with the HR20. The other remotes I've had over the years were so much better. I don't need the thing to run a space station or anything. I have a TV, DVD, and the HR20. Thoughts?

Z

·
Icon
578 Posts
The upcoming Harmony 1000 looks nice. I have a Pronto TSU7000 that I programmed for my HT setup. Though it really depends on how much you have to spend, and what capabilities you want.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
ZDawg said:
I officially hate the remote that comes with the HR20. The other remotes I've had over the years were so much better. I don't need the thing to run a space station or anything. I have a TV, DVD, and the HR20. Thoughts?

Z
Surprisingly for me, this is the first time ever that I've been able to use only 1 remote (the Hr-20 remote). So many previous remotes could never learn my Sony receiver (STR-DE850) - [you would think that wouldn't be an issue].

The remote also easily learned my TV and DVD. The only issue I have is changing input sources on the receiver, but that's a rare need.

The only slam I have on the new remote is that the playback/skip controls could be a bit closer to the middle, with the "selection/guide" controls either lower still or above.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
PoitNarf said:
For $500, anything looks nice. Not nice enough for me to justify $500 though.

ZDawg, one of the other Harmony models will do nicely. I use the 880 and have been quite happy with it.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/productlist/US/EN,crid=2080,categoryid=406
There's also getting up from the couch :)

I saw that Harmony at Costco I think. Still - I think you'd have to have a pretty complex setup to justify any cash outlay for remotes like those. Still though - web-based programming - component specific controls based off a single button push - pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
And just an FYI, if you do some good searching on the web, you can get the 880 for much cheaper than Logitech sells it for directly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.