DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All:

I'm new to the forums and I apologize if this post is in the wrong section. I did a quick check and couldn't find a more appropriate place but it's possible I overlooked some other appropriate place.

I am very new to Direct TV as well (customer for like 2 weeks). I received a phone call yesterday from a person claiming to be a DTV rep who said she wanted to thank me for becoming a new customer. She said she wanted to extend an offer to me which included DTV Premier Channels for free and the NFL Ticket for $46.99for four months. I almost cut her off before she got to the pricing to tell her that at this time I didn't want to pay $75 for this offer, as I know it to be $75 from TV and online advertisements. She corrected me and told me it was being offered to me for $46.99, which is not much more than I am currently paying. Well I thought this was a great deal so I told her I'd take it. She began "notating my account" and told me that I could cancel after four months if I wanted, etc. etc. She ended the phone call with the usual and I was overjoyed!

I called Direct TV today to confirm when this deal would go into effect because the previous rep told me it could take up to 72 hours to see programming changes and as of today my programming hasn't changed. Well, I was told they have no idea what I'm talking about. They say they have no record of any outbound calls to me and there are no notes reflecting any changes in my account. They said they had no knowledge of any such promotion and could not let me take advantage of this promotion.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? The rep who called sounded legit and didn't ask me for any personal info or anything. She asked for me by name when she called and could confirm the exact package I had at the time. I even called Direct TV back on the number she reached me from so I know the number was legit. I can understand if this is all a mistake but I'm new to Direct TV and this kind of thing is already putting a bad taste in my mouth about their customer service.

· Freethinker
3,179 Posts
When I scheduled my move they offered me that same NFL deal.

One thing you will learn about DirecTV is that some departments don't always know what they other is doing. Last January I was mailed an offer to renew Hotpass and called to sign up. When I called a few weeks later to ask why my Hotpass wasn't working they had no idea what promotion I was talking about even though I was holding the letter in my hand. I even offered to fax it to them.
I ended having to sign up at full price and then be issued a credit. I think the main problem with D* is that the CSR's arent always aware of all of the promotions and how to activate them. Also, they don't seem to have a very good system of adding contact notes to our accounts.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
You may want to send an e-mail to Ellen Filipiak, the DIRECTV VP of Customer Service, at [email protected]

· Hall Of Fame
1,212 Posts
Diana Prince said:
I called Direct TV today to confirm when this deal would go into effect because the previous rep told me it could take up to 72 hours to see programming changes and as of today my programming hasn't changed. Well, I was told they have no idea what I'm talking about. They say they have no record of any outbound calls to me and there are no notes reflecting any changes in my account. They said they had no knowledge of any such promotion and could not let me take advantage of this promotion.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this happening? The rep who called sounded legit and didn't ask me for any personal info or anything. She asked for me by name when she called and could confirm the exact package I had at the time. I even called Direct TV back on the number she reached me from so I know the number was legit. I can understand if this is all a mistake but I'm new to Direct TV and this kind of thing is already putting a bad taste in my mouth about their customer service.
no no diana, this never happens to anyone...you are the ONLY one...D CSRs ALWAYS know what previous ones have done and what youve been offered...i am sooo shocked that this happened to you.....:uglyhamme

· Godfather
274 Posts
... Welcome to the forum. :welcome_s

I agree with the previous posters. Perhaps a call to the "retention" department is a good idea. They seem to have the "power" to do almost anything.

Hope you get this situation resolved.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
First it time for : :welcome_s to DBSTalk.

As you may see, there are some of us that do have fun here.

The DirecTV system, is anything but "well connected". The right hand can have no idea of what "the right hand" is doing.

You were called from one department and before I'd go "to the top" with the email address above, I'd wait for the system to update/catch up. If this week you don't see what you agreed to happen on your account, then I would call back. It is well known here that you can call DirecTV and get different "answers" from the CSRs. It even has a name: CSR Roulette. You spin the wheel and wait to see what answer you get. If you don't like one, spin again [call back].

· DINFOS Trained Killer
1,215 Posts
Diana Prince said:
Hello All:

I'm new to the forums and I apologize if this post is in the wrong section. I did a quick check and couldn't find a more appropriate place but it's possible I overlooked some other appropriate place.

I am very new to Direct TV as well (customer for like 2 weeks). I received a phone call yesterday from a person claiming to be a DTV rep who said she wanted to thank me for becoming a new customer. She said she wanted to extend an offer to me which included DTV Premier Channels for free and the NFL Ticket for $46.99for four months. I almost cut her off before she got to the pricing to tell her that at this time I didn't want to pay $75 for this offer, as I know it to be $75 from TV and online advertisements. She corrected me and told me it was being offered to me for $46.99, which is not much more than I am currently paying. Well I thought this was a great deal so I told her I'd take it. She began "notating my account" and told me that I could cancel after four months if I wanted, etc. etc. She ended the phone call with the usual and I was overjoyed!

if you talk to them during the weekend, it can take that long. i called on a saturday because i was charged for superfan in mistake. it took about 36 hours before the account was straightened out!

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
beavis said:
You'll probably be billed for it at 74.99 with a $28 credit per month.
I hope you're right! I did try my hands at retentions and they would so let me cancel before honoring this offer. I do plan on sending an email once I research where it should go to get the best response. Also, for the poster who said to "wait it out", I think you maybe right. I'll give it some time before sending the email. Thanks again.

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
Diana Prince said:
I hope you're right! I did try my hands at retentions and they would so let me cancel before honoring this offer. I do plan on sending an email once I research where it should go to get the best response. Also, for the poster who said to "wait it out", I think you maybe right. I'll give it some time before sending the email. Thanks again.
A polite inquiry at the above email address would/should give you what you want.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
And further, well-written e-mails to that address have received replies on weekends and holidays.

Welcome!

· Registered
14,213 Posts
Diana Prince said:
Hello All:

:welcome_s

Hopefully you'll get some satisfcation, but I'm curious: Are you the 1940's Diana Prince or the 1970's Diana Prince? :)

· Hall Of Fame
6,035 Posts
Nice... Ms. Carter was a hottie in her WW outfit.

· Grouch Extrordinaire
1,237 Posts
veryoldschool said:
I guess it's "how" you do it.
I got an email response and a direct phone number [to the office of the president] to call back, if I needed.
Since you insinuated I somehow communicated improperly, for three straight weeks I sent a very nice request for help to Ms. Filipiak's e-mail address with not even an acknowledgement much less a helpful response.

I then sent the same note to [email protected] and received a return e-mail within an hour, a phone call within six hours and a problem resolution within 24 hours. Perhaps Ms. Filipiak or her minions were simply too busy for me.

Same response to K4SMX. 73

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Drew2k said:
:welcome_s

Hopefully you'll get some satisfcation, but I'm curious: Are you the 1940's Diana Prince or the 1970's Diana Prince? :)
I don't look like her either (especially since I'm African American) but my favorite alter ego for Wonder Woman was the one portrayed by Linda Carter. Were it not for her, I would have never purchased the underoos collection. Thanks for the welcome.

· Legend
111 Posts
I had the exact same thing happen. I currently have Choice Xtra + HD + DVR. The rep told me that it would cost me an extra $4.01 per month for the premium and I would get free Sunday Ticket. Of course I jumped on the deal. $4 more a month to add the premiums and then get Sunday Ticket. I signed up.

My wife calls me 5 min later complaining that our HD channels just went out. When I call back to DTV Customer Service I'm told that I was moved to the $74.99 deal but that the previous rep removed my HD and DVR functions. I then told the guy to switch me back because the first rep didn't tell me that I was going to lose my HD. The actual price difference was about $20, not $4. Needless to say I was a little upset and had my wife not been watching an HD channel probably would have never noticed.

5 Posts
I myself am a dtv csr currently at work at the moment.
Strange you should bring this issue up as I have experianced it first hand. customers calling having been offered what is called the nfl st q3 offer for less than the $74.99. we have access to look at every current and expired offer. Nothing below the $74.99 nfl st offer appears. Also no record of the customer being contacted. One customer actually had all of his services disc without any explanation. The odd thing is, I have only seen this type of miscommunication about this offer only. If a reason presents itself I will notify you promptly.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.