·
Godfather
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
DblD_Indy said:
Does anyone have any clue why D*TV choose TiiV over dual buffers.
Because Viiv has been in the cards since the beginning, and dual buffers is something they're trying to hack out based on the wishes of the community.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
DblD_Indy said:
:mad:

Does anyone have any clue why D*TV choose TiiV over dual buffers.

ARG !!!!!
ViiV was in the cards since day one, and has been worked on since.

Dual buffers was not... and thus still needs to be designed, developed and coded.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I have to say, the title of this thread made me laugh. :)

My HR20 doesn't yet make toast! Grrrr! ;)

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
ViiV was in the cards since day one, and has been worked on since.

Dual buffers was not... and thus still needs to be designed, developed and coded.
So how about they shuffle those cards to keep/get the client base happy!

Not that I could do any of the work....But would be happy to test it for free!

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Am I the only one who could care less about dual buffers?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,020 Posts
Jeremy W said:
Not at all. I never used them on Tivo, and I don't care if the HR20 ever gets them.
I never used them on Tivo either for I never watch live TV anymore I record everything I want and watch it later that way I am not watching on the networks schedule but my own.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,359 Posts
As a software developer I can tell you that there is probably a whole team of developers assigned to the HR20, broken into smaller groups working on different fixes and/or enhancements for the same unit.

Just because one feature comes out doesn't mean there aren't three or four other developers working on the the thing that matters most to you. It's not one geek with a laundry list of things to do working the list from top to bottom.

There is too much interest in Dual Live Buffers for me to believe it won't happen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were people already working on it.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Well, you have to hope it's not like Wayne Knight in Jurassic Park, sitting in front of a big old SGI box cranking out "hacker s%#@" but I'll admit it might explain a thing or two.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mavrick said:
I never used them on Tivo either for I never watch live TV anymore I record everything I want and watch it later that way I am not watching on the networks schedule but my own.
Whoops, I think I ran over the Cheerleader on the way in....

Nothing like waiting a day or an hour to watch any sports event. Just so you can watch it via a recording. Not to mention the nasty way the HR-20 toggles between two events.....

I appreciate that there are / could be working on the feature. I would be happy to send them my $5.00 a month to speed up the process. I just think it is funny that the HR-20 now has TiiV support rather than TivO support.....Can't wait to hear those who buy them confusing the two.

·
Godfather
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
HarleyD said:
As a software developer I can tell you that there is probably a whole team of developers assigned to the HR20, broken into smaller groups working on different fixes and/or enhancements for the same unit.

Just because one feature comes out doesn't mean there aren't three or four other developers working on the the thing that matters most to you. It's not one geek with a laundry list of things to do working the list from top to bottom.

There is too much interest in Dual Live Buffers for me to believe it won't happen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were people already working on it.
Which brings us to what I hope doesn't become a daily question...

Hey Earl!!

Any News on this today?

(RE: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=72731)

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
sigma1914 said:
Am I the only one who could care less about dual buffers?
Not by a long shot... The rest of us have figured out to record with both tuners and switch between recordings. :)

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.