DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 349 Posts

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks I am happy to report that the Exclusive DBStalk.COM PVR 721 Review is ONLINE!

CLICK HERE FOR THE REVIEW!

I still have a few things to add but for the most part everything's there!

Feel free to ask your 721 questions here and I will do my best to answer them for you!

(Please note I will be away from my computer most of the day on Sunday)

I wish to thank Mark from DishDepot.COM for helping me obtain the 721 unit. If you do order a 721 from Dish Depot please tell them you saw the review here on DBStalk.COM!

I would also like to thank the folks from Echostar, who called me a few times checking if I had any questions about the 721 that they could answer!

Enjoy the review, I look forward to any questions or comments you may have.

Scott

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Thanks a bunch for the review Scott !! :righton:

Are you pleased with the 721 up to this point?
During all this and up till now, did the 721 ever lock up or hang?

Great job on the video portion of the review as well!!!!!!

·
New Texan
11,467 Posts
Here's what I've noticed:

Clicking on the next page link opens up a new window. Oops.

At http://www.dbstalk.com/review/menus.htm , clicking on the bottom link "Click here for 721 games", gets a 404 error at http://www.dbstalk.com/review/games.htm . You could have put in a placeholder page saying "Coming soon".

Also, how about some close-up shots of both the front and back panels as well as the remote?

·
Banned
6,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you pleased with the 721 up to this point?
During all this and up till now, did the 721 ever lock up or hang?
Am I pleased? Check the overview for my feelings on it. :) Yes the 721 did hand before the fix was put into place. But now its solid like a rock!

Also, how about some close-up shots of both the front and back panels as well as the remote?
I am working on the games one now. :)
I have tried a few times taking a pic of the remote but it keeps coming out all out of focus.

Scott

·
Hall Of Fame
5,047 Posts
Sorry about that.....I didn't go back and look what you added to review, I see your overall thoughts now.

It was great to hear up to this point there were no major bugs. :righton:

I'm very excited to get mine now. :)

·
Legend/Supporter
123 Posts
Scott,

Thanks for the great review. I hope my 721 ships soon! Do you know of any 501 features that didn't make it into the 721? (one feature that I didn't hear you talk about was commercial skip)

Thanks,
Larry

·
Hall Of Fame
1,849 Posts
Great review, Scott.

I'm glad to see E* put out a solid (at least for now) PVR for their subs. You guys deserve it after putting up with the DP and 501. BTW, the guide looks almost exactly like the UTV guide.

G

·
Thanks for the review Scott, sounds like it maybe a good product after all.

One would hope they will make it easier in a future upgrade to switch between tuners and folders would be nice on it too. I wish my DTIVO had folders as have 120gig in it and it gets quite cluttered.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
wow nice review! It almost makes me want to buy one. But I have other priorities right now. I think I will wait and see what the 921 brings to the table. Because by then I might want to go HDTV.

·
Legend in my own mind
552 Posts
Scott,
I'm amazed!
That is an excellent presentation that you put together.
Very professional.
I'm glad to hear you talk so favorable of the 721.
I hate to say this; but I had nothing but praise for my DP7200 when it was new. It was sometime before the bugs started biting me.:rolleyes:
I sure hope that E* got their act together for this one.:)
I really would like to own one.
Thanks for being 'my' beta-tester.;)
Jim

·
Legend
145 Posts
Thanks Scott, keep the info flowing. I sure hope your longer term impressions match up with the first blush which sounds great. The ability to switch between tuners, a'la channel recall would be a great feature if they can just add it via software.

Have you tried a learning ir remote with it, such as a pronto or similar?

thanks again...marshal

G

·
Great review, Scott. I have a couple questions... How much does it cost and when will it be available?

1 - 20 of 349 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.