DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,602 Posts
manny1 said:
.... Before I switch to the 5LNB, I'd like some explanation from someone who's experienced it as to what's all this about the MPEG 4 feeds either not running though a standard multiswitch or diplexer or not plexing at all with an OTA signal. Can you help me out on this one?
I'll take a stab ....
The AT9 Ka/Ku 5-LNB dish uses a much wider range of frequencies on its coax outputs than the older single or triple LNB dishes. This is to accomodate the added Ka-band (99-deg and 103-deg) satellite signals (currently your MPEG4 HD Locals and Regional Sports Net HD channel). Because of these wider frequencies, you need a multiswitch that can handle them .... the Zinwell WB68 or WB616 being the currently recommendations. Also because of these wider frequencies you cannot diplex OTA or cable TV signals on the same cables anymore because those frequencies overlap with the wider Ka-band requirements.

Bottom line .... if you plan to eventually upgrade to MPEG4 HDTV with the Ka/Ku AT9 dish, run a dedicated coax for your OTA antenna feed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.