DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 HR20's one I got over a month ago and the other a couple weeks ago. The one that is over a month old I have had almost no problems with and the one I just got recently has been very problematic. What I am wondering is the newer one has an -s after the model number is this the one that everyone is having problems with or does it not matter? I am starting to think something is wrong with me no one will answer my posts:(

Mike

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Depending on where you purchase it from it could be listed with the model numbers "HR20-700" or "HR20-700S". They're both the same unit. I have seen some speculation that the "S" at the end is a color code for Silver and that there will be a "HR20-700B" released at some point which would be Black.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got both units from D*. So there is no link between problems and the -s after the model number?

Mike

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. It is just really confusing because one works really well and the other one is junk. I was hoping that was something I could call D* with and get them to swap it out with or something. I have tried doing software download and such again to no avail. and the temp. is staying right around 122 on the second unit so I know that is not the problem. Any other suggestions?

Mike

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
mckeemike505 said:
Thanks. It is just really confusing because one works really well and the other one is junk. I was hoping that was something I could call D* with and get them to swap it out with or something. I have tried doing software download and such again to no avail. and the temp. is staying right around 122 on the second unit so I know that is not the problem. Any other suggestions?
Can't really suggest anything unless you specify what problems you are experiencing.

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok. One of them is yellow light being on and nothing recording. Another is unknown title program recording and can't stop it to change channel on that tuner without reset. I use the older one that is in the living room twice as much and have not had any of these problems but if I barely use the one in my bedroom it does this all the time. I realize that this is reported in the issues page for this software version but why I am I not having the same issues on my other HR20. Everything is the same. Same brand TV's same models same UPS same 5lnb dish. The only difference is the -s and that I have upgraded the first one through 5 software updates or so and the new one has only had 2 I think. Could that be an issue?

Mike

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
mckeemike505 said:
Ok. One of them is yellow light being on and nothing recording. Another is unknown title program recording and can't stop it to change channel on that tuner without reset. I use the older one that is in the living room twice as much and have not had any of these problems but if I barely use the one in my bedroom it does this all the time. I realize that this is reported in the issues page for this software version but why I am I not having the same issues on my other HR20. Everything is the same. Same brand TV's same models same UPS same 5lnb dish. The only difference is the -s and that I have upgraded the first one through 5 software updates or so and the new one has only had 2 I think. Could that be an issue?
Well many here have reported problems that others do not experience at all. The only thing I can think of that's the major difference is how the HR20 is programed. Are both of your HR20s programed exactly the same in terms of Series Links and other recordings?

·
AllStar
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Almost but not totally there are probably 3 different series links. I pretty much use the one in the bedroom as a duplicate so that I can watch what I want where I want. So the bedroom has 3 less series links that my wife watches in the living room.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
mckeemike505 said:
Almost but not totally there are probably 3 different series links. I pretty much use the one in the bedroom as a duplicate so that I can watch what I want where I want. So the bedroom has 3 less series links that my wife watches in the living room.
Best bet is just to hang tight till the next software update. All of your issues that you are experiencing are software related, and getting a new box is no guarantee of getting rid of those problems even though your other HR20 is fine. Many people here have been quite puzzled as to why some experience specific problems and some don't. If it's really bothering you, you could try a "Reset Everything" from the setup menu, but this will wipe your HR20 clean and start from scratch.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.