DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It appears now that Echostar 8 has a very different spot beam map than appears at the FCC. The ones at the FCC are not from Echostar, but from third parties in documents about the merger.

Maybe someone has expertise in searching the FCC web site. I know that the E8 application was SAT-MOD-20020329-00041. It is refered to using 5 transponders for spot beams and 15 for CONUS (note this is different from e7 having 16 CONUS).

How do you find the actual spot beam map? How do you find the SAT-MOD-20020329-00041 application? All I can find is references to it being filed and approved.

Actually it is a bit confusing, it could actually be that SAT-LOA-20020329-00042 is the actually satellite application and the other number is the 110 operation.

· DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Mike I'm working on creating a new map. You won't find the application on-line and a copy has to be purchased from the Government Printing Office (not everything at the FCC goes on-line).

As soon as the map is finished it will be posted. Judging from the actual application the beam centers are exactly as those on the original map, but the power levels are higher than those used to create that map.

Maps aren't usually submitted with the application (New-Echostar-1 was the exception as it did include maps). What the application has are the co-ordinates of the beam center and the EIRP of the center.

· Hall Of Fame/Supporter
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the reason I ask about the new locations is that lyngsat is showing Minnesota, Tennessee and Colorado on spot beams now when there was no spot coverage before on the e8 map. On the E8 maps shown on the FCC (from third parties) MN does not have a spot anywhere near it. So, I assume they changed where the spots point... I do not know, maybe the spots are very movable on the sat, and they repointed them.

I did see that E8 is doing 15 CONUS transponders, one less than E7, so maybe more power to spots...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.