DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's pretend I'm a moron. (It always works best like this). Would someone please explain to me what the heck is going on with the Dish? Why am I getting a 0 reading from my "transponder" 3 and 9. Appreciate the help in advance.

Jimmy

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Welcome to DBStalk.COM :wave:

Your lucky I am getting Zero on 4 transponders 3 5 7 and 9. :)

What Dish Network is doing is they are now using Spot Beams, what this means is that they can use and reuse transponders (such as 3 5 7 and 9) to send local channels to various areas around the country. Now with 4 spot transponders they can send the same channels it use to take 9 transponders to do.

If a spot beam does not reach your area you will see a zero signal, its ok nothing wrong at all.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How smart can you be, Cool, thanks. So how long will this go on? Any ideas? So in the long run, they'll be able to fit more channels in?

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
Welcome to DBStalk.COM :wave:

Your lucky I am getting Zero on 4 transponders 3 5 7 and 9. :)

What Dish Network is doing is they are now using Spot Beams, what this means is that they can use and reuse transponders (such as 3 5 7 and 9) to send local channels to various areas around the country. Now with 4 spot transponders they can send the same channels it use to take 9 transponders to do.

If a spot beam does not reach your area you will see a zero signal, its ok nothing wrong at all.
Hey Scott

I wonder when Dishnetwork will put all of the locals in the San Francisco DMA? I only get eight out of seventeen , most of which are PBS stations and Spanish. The former NBC affiliate is on the side satellite, but they have a really good news operation better than the now NBC station which they just purchased. I hate to go to the trouble of getting another dish for one station. :wave: :wave:

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Sounds like you need a second Dish (which is where the rest of the channels are hidden.)

Call Dish Network at (800) 333-DISH and ask them for a free Dish.

The will send someone to your house to install the second Dish and a SW-64 switch FREE OF CHARGE.

·
Icon
955 Posts
Hey, buskid ,

You really don't have to worry about the transponder "thing" at all there in Chicagoland. Just watch Tv & enjoy it.

Any chance of the Cubs taking the pennant this year?

Didn't think so.:shrug:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.