DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had to change the colors back for 2 reasons. First, between the comments that were posted here and some e-mails I received, the general consensus was that the forum was more difficult to read.

Second, a nasty bug showed up for un-registered users causing them to see the forums in both color schemes at random.

At any rate, thanks for all of your comments!

Chris Blount
Administrator
DBSTalk.Com

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I heard that white text on a solid black backgroud is by far the easiest to read.
I guess that's why most blackboards are black and most chalk is white(although I've seen a bunch of greenboards in my time too).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Chris when I changed the colors at Canadian Corner Satellite TV Forum I got quite a bit of negative feedback.

About half the members liked it and the other half hated it. About the same as your posters here. I learned what looks good on my computer/browser sometimes looks terrible for other users with different configurations.

Looks like you have a happy medium now. :)

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've heard that black lettering on a white background is easiest to read. I assume that is why paper is white and printing is black.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Much much nicer. I can actually READ the forums again! The other was too contrasty, which is hard on the eyes. It depends a LOT on your monitor, that must be noted. Not even as much as the monitor but also what if anything the user calibrates to. I have two saved color calibrations on my monitor. One is to the results on a calibration DVD - so it should be basically NTSC I use this for movies, the other is to the Pantone color samples, which is for most web viewing and for graphics design.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for going back to a color scheme that doesn't make my yes bug out and start to water! :)

See ya
Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Personally I like the black scheme, but at least there's different icons for 'Closed Topics' and 'Hot Topics' and for the 'New Topic' and 'Add Reply' buttons. The old ones were...well...just getting a little old. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Come on guys, light purple at a DBS site? We are discussing satellite, not NSync. Bring back the black and white, it looked REALLY good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually the lighter colors are back but since you are unregistered some pages may be appearing to you in the darker scheme. If you register this won't happen. There's a bug in the way the pages are cached for unregistered users.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.