DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have left over Zinwell 6 X 8 multiswitches. Is there anyway to use these for antenna feeds if it can be powered?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
They won't do you any good at all as regular antenna feeds. They are designed very specifically to manage and switch DirecTV (only) satellite signals from a multi-LNB dish to multiple satellite receivers.

·
Legend
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
carl6 said:
They won't do you any good at all as regular antenna feeds. They are designed very specifically to manage and switch DirecTV (only) satellite signals from a multi-LNB dish to multiple satellite receivers.
Thanks, appreciate the info!

·
Genius.
20,073 Posts
A good 8 way splitter can be had for a few bucks!

·
Hall Of Fame
8,071 Posts
ktk0117 said:
I have left over Zinwell 6 X 8 multiswitches. Is there anyway to use these for antenna feeds if it can be powered?
Nope ...

No OTA antenna diplexer builtin to the WB68. And for good reason as it was designed to accommodate and switch the Ka lo and hi intermediate frequency bands along with the Ku IF band.

The Ka-lo IF band is between 250-750 MHz which would obviously interfere with OTA signals diplexed on the same lines.

Sent from my SGH-M819N using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.