DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old SAT-B55 on my account that lost most of the channels. Free stuff like channel 100 still works, but most of the others say call customer service ext. 721. I tried unplugging, reseting the receiver from the website and calling customer service. No joy on any of these attemps. Still have call customer service ext. 721 on most channels. The system test did not report any problems other than the lack of a phone line.

My other receivers, 2 DirecTV Tivo DVRs, are working fine.

Any thoughts?

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Try swapping your "bad" receiver with a "good" receiver. What happens?

Also, try reseating the B55's access card. Usually using DirecTV's CSR or the automated methods to reauthorize your access card should solve this problem.

· Mentor
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Swaped with unit that is working and same thing. ext.721. Pulled the card and reinserted no luck. Should I request a new card. or buy a new unit. I am a little nervous about the new directv equipment (e.g. D11).

· Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I've never had a problem with the D11 (I've had two of them, one is currently in service). The D12 is supposedly a D11 with FTM capability incorporated. Unless you have a potential need for FTM in the future, the D11 should work fine for you.

Carl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.