DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
You said the cable was coming directly from the 101 LNB. That doesn't sound like a MDU installation to me.

My understanding is that MDU installations use a stacker to shift some of the outputs to different frequencies and run all down a single cable (ignoring the 13/18 and 22 kHz signals from the individual receivers). This single signal is then split between all of the apartments and a destacker is needed at each receiver to simulate the situation which occurs when you have a dish connected directly. The receiver uses the 13/18 volt and 22 kHz signals to then select (at the destacker) which satellite and polarization (which corresponds to even/odd channels) is used.

There used to be (and maybe still are) MDU installations which use multiple receivers and convert the outputs to different RF channels which combined and are fed to each unit (not requiring receivers at each unit, but usually with a limited number of channels). The ones like this I have seen were C-band, but I have heard that some also do this with DBS.

To set up your R15 for a single input, you need to go through the setup menu. A reset of the receiver (red button under the access card door) will probably be required prior to doing this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.