DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Legend
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to my storage facility just to drop off some boxes for archival purposes....
Did some cleaning up and remember these fella's - back in the day, these cost me a whopping penny and then some. Forget the SWM 8 when it 1st came out and we were scrambling to get one.

Came across a couple of Spaun switchs - must have spent at least 1K total retail on these when these were the hot ticket.

Have some older VERY BEFFY Channel Master Diplexers. While not DTV approved, what do you suppose one one use them for in this day and age. Probably *nothing* right ? While it passes power, the freq cuts at 950-2150, so no MOCA ..

· Hall Of Fame
8,058 Posts
chefwong said:
... Have some older VERY BEFFY Channel Master Diplexers. While not DTV approved, what do you suppose one one use them for in this day and age. Probably *nothing* right ? While it passes power, the freq cuts at 950-2150, so no MOCA ..
Actually if those old diplexers would acceptably pass the 2.3 MHz SWiM control signal over the DC circuit on the satellite leg, they could be used for situations of distributing WH between two SWiM-8s, 16s, or the separate outputs of a SWiM-32, using the OTA ports for coupling the MoCA (DECA) signal.

See the diagram here involving two SWiM-16s for instance.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3058034#post3058034

· Legend
234 Posts
"HoTat2" said:
Actually if those old diplexers would acceptably pass the 2.3 MHz SWiM control signal over the DC circuit on the satellite leg, they could be used for situations of distributing WH between two SWiM-8s, 16s, or the separate outputs of a SWiM-32, using the OTA ports for coupling the MoCA (DECA) signal.

See the diagram here involving two SWiM-16s for instance.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?p=3058034#post3058034
One has to be very careful on the diplexers used. I had a similar idea when the HR34 came out, but my main concern was the comm channel bleeding from one switch to another. I measured it with an AIM and found the Holland diplexers Dish uses and the Perfect Vision diplexers my HSP supplies have very little loss to the 2.3 on the non-sat side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.