DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am relatively new to the HR* series DVRs and figured I would try out the 'On Demand' feature.

My daughter wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween so I figured I would see if they had it. Well, what I found was a bunch of titles I'm not familiar with and none of it in HD. :confused:

How long has D* offered this feature? Is the service just 'not there yet' or are there specific reasons why the content is so obscure and limited?

I greatly appreciate all feedback.

· Registered
5,670 Posts
The content is provided by the various networks. They don't promise everything will be available at all times, and some programs may never be available "On Demand". The selections change over time as determined by the content providers.

· AllStar
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
say-what said:
The content is provided by the various networks. They don't promise everything will be available at all times, and some programs may never be available "On Demand". The selections change over time as determined by the content providers.
Thanks.

Our's is severely limited. No Sports, no HD, etc. The promo says "thousands" of titles free and PPV and I bet there's less than a few hunred total.

· Hall Of Fame
1,743 Posts
This might be naive of me but I would guess movie studios don't want every title available On Demand at all times. Classics such as Wizard of Oz are almost a "brand" that treated in such a way to maintain it's standing.

· Registered
1,210 Posts
HDinMA said:
Thanks.

Our's is severely limited. No Sports, no HD, etc. The promo says "thousands" of titles free and PPV and I bet there's less than a few hunred total.
Currently in the DIRECTV Online guide there are 3,698 items listed for DIRECTV OnDemand...181 of which are HD. So, yes, there are thousands of titles and, yes, there is HD. Oh, and 529 that fall under the Sports category.

As you can see the promos are correct, however, that doesn't mean any of that material is high quality or what you want to watch specifically. It is there though.

· AllStar
84 Posts
HDinMA said:
I am relatively new to the HR* series DVRs and figured I would try out the 'On Demand' feature.

My daughter wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween so I figured I would see if they had it. Well, what I found was a bunch of titles I'm not familiar with and none of it in HD. :confused:

How long has D* offered this feature? Is the service just 'not there yet' or are there specific reasons why the content is so obscure and limited?

I greatly appreciate all feedback.
When did you connect your reciver to the internet? It can take a couple of days for all the content to show up. Why I don't know.:confused:

· Hall Of Fame
12,954 Posts
66stang351 said:
As you can see the promos are correct, however, that doesn't mean any of that material is high quality or what you want to watch specifically. It is there though.
Sounds like television in general.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.