DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but has anyone tried setting the recorder to "keep until I delete" and see if that stops it from deleting? I doubt that will work but it just occured to me and I have not tried it but I don't want to waste my time if others have already tried this and it's a waste.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
geaux1 said:
but has anyone tried setting the recorder to "keep until I delete" and see if that stops it from deleting? I doubt that will work but it just occured to me and I have not tried it but I don't want to waste my time if others have already tried this and it's a waste.
I do that on every recorded program after I watch it (after I'm done watching.

I've never had a delete on anything (except the 4 programs I told it to delete after watching).

I've also recorded 17 NFL Ticket games with no autodeletes, and they record clear into the time the white background NFL SUnday Ticket D*TV screen is there. This past week, not only did the 3 whole games I had scheduled and watched today record perfectly, but all has about 15 - 20 minutes of the white splash screen recorded after the games finsihed. In a nutshell, they recorded based on the scheduled times in the guide.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
I do that on every recorded program after I watch it (after I'm done watching.

I've never had a delete on anything (except the 4 programs I told it to delete after watching).

I've also recorded 17 NFL Ticket games with no autodeletes, and they record clear into the time the white background NFL SUnday Ticket D*TV screen is there. This past week, not only did the 3 whole games I had scheduled and watched today record perfectly, but all has about 15 - 20 minutes of the white splash screen recorded after the games finsihed. In a nutshell, they recorded based on the scheduled times in the guide.
I'm confused by your comment. Are you saying your default recording parms are "keep until delete"? If so, that is different than mine (and probably most) where I have set keep until disk is full. That could be the magic work-around for this bug. If so, you could have shared that with us sooner :D

I'll try changing my record defaults to "keep until delete", thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
hasan said:
I'm confused by your comment. Are you saying your default recording parms are "keep until delete"? If so, that is different than mine (and probably most) where I have set keep until disk is full. That could be the magic work-around for this bug. If so, you could have shared that with us sooner :D

I'll try changing my record defaults to "keep until delete", thanks for the tip!
No, I use "keep until disk full", the default setting.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
hdtvfan0001 said:
This past week, not only did the 3 whole games I had scheduled and watched today record perfectly,
You watched Sunday's games on Tuesday? How did you not hear the scores or do you know care and still watch even if you know who won?

And FWIW, I've never had one deleted either. If it's on the ST channels (700's), I just use the 4.5 hours it has in the listing. If it's on the locals, I pad by an hour and a half, but obviously those channels never go dark.

·
Registered
32,456 Posts
mtnagel said:
You watched Sunday's games on Tuesday? How did you not hear the scores or do you know care and still watch even if you know who won?

And FWIW, I've never had one deleted either. If it's on the ST channels (700's), I just use the 4.5 hours it has in the listing. If it's on the locals, I pad by an hour and a half, but obviously those channels never go dark.
Ditto on the setup. Not one game ever deleted or a problem here either.

Actually, I watched a number of games I missed when they were played (traveling), and wanted to see the real thing even though I knew the outcome. Plus, its another excuse to see more High Def. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.