DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently moved and I have Verizon Wireless as an internet provider. I have a UM150 USB modem. I want to try to hook up the USB modem to my linksys wireless router that has only Ethernet connections. I have a 'Y" connection wire coming off the USB modem.

I know they sell USB Ethernet adapters, but I don't know if hooking up the adapter to the open connection of the "Y" and then connecting the Ethernet wire to the input of the wireless router will work.

Can someone give me some help?

Thanks,

·
Legend
188 Posts
ahrjmr said:
I recently moved and I have Verizon Wireless as an internet provider. I have a UM150 USB modem. I want to try to hook up the USB modem to my linksys wireless router that has only Ethernet connections. I have a 'Y" connection wire coming off the USB modem.

I know they sell USB Ethernet adapters, but I don't know if hooking up the adapter to the open connection of the "Y" and then connecting the Ethernet wire to the input of the wireless router will work.

Thanks,
You will need to get a router that works just for Wireless USB Modems. Go to http://www.3gstore.com and look at the routers they have. I got one for my fathers business(he is using Sprint) but it works very well.

·
AllStar
129 Posts
ahrjmr said:

Thanks,
Also, the only thing the Y connection is for is to draw more power by hooking it to 2 USB ports.

·
Hall Of Fame
9,690 Posts
sundude90 said:
Look online. There is tons of thing out there that will work for you. good luck
Don't forget to watch your data plan usage!! If there's a monthly limit a couple of HD movies may cost you more than you realize!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.