DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Mentor
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why (out of my 4 boxes - 3 HR24 and 1 H24), only one box didn't get the software update for the new HDUI?

Of course, I called D* and they're "tech support" is completely worthless. First they tried telling me that my area hasn't received the update - duh... first, Waco did get the update according to their schedule (1-11). Plus, like I already told them - 3 of my boxes got the update.

Then she said she didn't know why, but to wait. I ask how long to wait, she couldn't tell me. I told her that If I have a defective box, I want a new (seeing how paying for their insurance). She assured me it wasn't defective, but couldn't tell me it didn't get the update NOR did she try to find out.

She said she couldn't push the update to my box.

Anyone else have this problem?

· Problem Solver
1,846 Posts
She's correct about not being able to push anything to you.
There's no reason for them to send you a new IRD. Just chill out and wait, it'll update eventually.

· Icon
896 Posts
Snapaniac said:
Anyone know why (out of my 4 boxes - 3 HR24 and 1 H24), only one box didn't get the software update for the new HDUI?

Of course, I called D* and they're "tech support" is completely worthless. First they tried telling me that my area hasn't received the update - duh... first, Waco did get the update according to their schedule (1-11). Plus, like I already told them - 3 of my boxes got the update.

Then she said she didn't know why, but to wait. I ask how long to wait, she couldn't tell me. I told her that If I have a defective box, I want a new (seeing how paying for their insurance). She assured me it wasn't defective, but couldn't tell me it didn't get the update NOR did she try to find out.

She said she couldn't push the update to my box.

Anyone else have this problem?
A lot of people have had this problem. My HR24 had a three day delay. :shrug:

· Problem Solver
1,846 Posts
Snapaniac said:
What a pain. The box that didn't receive the update is the box in my living room (where I do most of my TV watching)
I don't understand how it's an inconvenience :confused:
It's not broken, right? You're able to watch tv?

· AllStar
95 Posts
Snapaniac said:
What a pain. The box that didn't receive the update is the box in my living room (where I do most of my TV watching)
I'm in Texas too, and got the HDUI on my two HR22's. Frankly, my reaction was that I'm not so sure I like it, and most of my TV watching is on the HR 34 which doesn't have the HDUI yet. I'm in no hurry for the HR 34 HDUI to drop (MOD EDIT).

Overall, I don't like the black info header of the HDUI and was expecting more given all the clamour the HDUI seems to get :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.