DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, did the new HD GUI kill the "One Button Record" feature when it removed trick play from the PIG? I know it still is available on the guide but I seem to remember that it used to be available in the "Info -> More -> View Upcoming" screen as well (or other "View Upcoming" screens).

Now one has to enter the particular showing and directly select "Record Options", then selcet "Record Episode" to finally add it to the queue.

Just wondering...

Thanks.

Dan

·
Godfather
522 Posts
Hemi said:
Quick question, did the new HD GUI kill the "One Button Record" feature when it removed trick play from the PIG?
Just wondering...

Thanks.

Dan
joed32 said:
Great, yet another feature removed by DirecTV. No doubt when (if?) you ask them about it directly, they will call it an upgrade, like the loss of functionality in the PIG.:(

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
Before I retired, I did IT support for a living.

Back then, when a new software release came out there were bug fixes and NEW INTUITIVE commands and features added. Apparently, at DirecTV new software releases are designed to irk customers by removing their favorite features with little to no workarounds. And it also seems to run slower and slower with each release.

If Microsoft operated similarly we'd all be back to DOS with it's command line prompt. But it would be in HD!!! :lol:

·
Icon
712 Posts
sigma1914 said:
It's not removed. You can hit Record on a listing and it sets to record.
Yes, that is correct; so what am I missing here?

·
Legend
302 Posts
What DVR? On my HR24-500 the one button record function still works just fine; in the guide, on "live" TV or within the "view upcoming screen".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.