DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps this is known but its new to me, I haven't read it anywhere, but no doubt its in amongst the zillions of posts here.

I discovered you can get to the guide while watching TV with one button simply by hitting the back button. It brings you back to the last guide you were looking at, and has highlighted the same station as last time you looked at it, even if you have changed channels several times. Then another "Back" brings you to the guide menu.

So its an ez way to bypass the guide menu if you want. I post it for those who didn't know. I wonder if its new with 10B. I just never thought to try it before.

·
ke6cdn
424 Posts
HolmesCo said:
Perhaps this is known but its new to me, I haven't read it anywhere, but no doubt its in amongst the zillions of posts here.

I discovered you can get to the guide while watching TV with one button simply by hitting the back button. It brings you back to the last guide you were looking at, and has highlighted the same station as last time you looked at it, even if you have changed channels several times. Then another "Back" brings you to the guide menu.

So its an ez way to bypass the guide menu if you want. I post it for those who didn't know. I wonder if its new with 10B. I just never thought to try it before.
As I understand it, the Back Button will take you back to whatever you were working with last. For example if you had set Closed Caption to On and then exit to live TV, pressing the Back button would return you to CC. (This feature is not new to 10b.)

·
Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DishDog said:
As I understand it, the Back Button will take you back to whatever you were working with last. For example if you had set Closed Caption to On and then exit to live TV, pressing the Back button would return you to CC. (This feature is not new to 10b.)
Ah I see, so at least most the time it will get you back to the guide I guess, just depends on what you were doing last. Yes I never thought to even try it from live tv until today. Usually I have just hit the guide button twice and it gets you there anyway. The menus are good, I like it. But most the time want the top choice so hit guide boom boom and there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.