DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to get multiple outputs from my HD receiver. I have two TVs in adjoining rooms and never watch both at the same time. Not trying to get over on Directv (I have 2 HD DVRs and 2 HD receivers now) but just don't won't to pay another $6 monthly when I only use these 2 TVs very infrequently and never at the same time. As you know the H21-200 only has one HDMI output so I need it to go to one TV and need a coax input to get to the other TV (which is non HD).

·
AllStar
59 Posts
vinceg said:
Can anyone tell me how to get multiple outputs from my HD receiver. I have two TVs in adjoining rooms and never watch both at the same time. Not trying to get over on Directv (I have 2 HD DVRs and 2 HD receivers now) but just don't won't to pay another $6 monthly when I only use these 2 TVs very infrequently and never at the same time. As you know the H21-200 only has one HDMI output so I need it to go to one TV and need a coax input to get to the other TV (which is non HD).
You could purchase a powered HDMI splitter (one in/two out), feed both televisions via HDMI, and, if needed, watch HD simultaneously on both sets.

·
Icon
509 Posts
veryoldschool said:
All the outputs are active at the same time, so if you need "coax", you'll need to get an RF modulator and feed it from one of the other outputs.
didnt the new HD GUIDE just mess this up though? I thought he would have to change his HD to 480 or keep getting error messages....

·
Hall Of Fame
2,510 Posts
wallfishman said:
didnt the new HD GUIDE just mess this up though? I thought he would have to change his HD to 480 or keep getting error messages....
he said that he never watched the two TV's at the same time Using the Exit button to change resolutions when he changes location isn't a bad option in that situation.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.